Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

fabrik8 i need ur assistance lol, dizzy problems

Old 10-12-2011, 07:54 PM
EH3_SOHC
for alarms/rmt-strts

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EH3_SOHC has disabled reputation
Default fabrik8 i need ur assistance lol, dizzy problems

hey man, had timing belt done by a guy i know out here in hick town and he got the timing off a tooth. i wanna say its on the exhaust side because i know the intake side is a little less forgiving. well the car drives but idle is iffy most times and if the dizzy timing wasnt advanced fully i will stall at every red light. well tonight i went to get booze for my girl and i and i heard a funny ass noise. http://youtu.be/F-QvSkm0W9A

SN
obd1 b20b 11:1 compression in 91 civic jdm b16 tranny new timing belt newish plugs,cap,rotor

like i said timing is off and its noticable, plus it threw my lash off on the exhaust side it sounds. i need answers quick because its my daily driver.
Old 10-12-2011, 08:06 PM
Dillweed
Registered Member

Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed
Default Re: fabrik8 i need ur assistance lol, dizzy problems

Originally Posted by EH3_SOHC
hey man, had timing belt done by a guy i know out here in hick town and he got the timing off a tooth. i wanna say its on the exhaust side because i know the intake side is a little less forgiving. well the car drives but idle is iffy most times and if the dizzy timing wasnt advanced fully i will stall at every red light. well tonight i went to get booze for my girl and i and i heard a funny ass noise. http://youtu.be/F-QvSkm0W9A

SN
obd1 b20b 11:1 compression in 91 civic jdm b16 tranny new timing belt newish plugs,cap,rotor

like i said timing is off and its noticable, plus it threw my lash off on the exhaust side it sounds. i need answers quick because its my daily driver.
Well. . . since you're only asking fabrik8, why don't you just PM him? When you make a thread you are asking everyone.
You're not looking too smart right now.
Old 10-12-2011, 08:47 PM
EH3_SOHC
for alarms/rmt-strts

EH3_SOHC has disabled reputation

Well considering vadriven is full of trolls who have a thousand things to say.thay has nothing to do with my question i figured i would just ask him because he usually has the best answers or the right answer. If someone else wants to chime in with anything that may help then go right ahead i just dont want to hear dumb shit like change the.muffler bearings. Im 28 and dont care for childish shit that frankly this site is full of but its better than the redneck.sites here.
Old 10-12-2011, 08:51 PM
psu54
Banned

psu54 psu54 psu54 psu54 psu54 psu54 psu54 psu54 psu54 psu54 psu54

Originally Posted by EH3_SOHC
Well considering vadriven is full of trolls who have a thousand things to say.thay has nothing to do with my question i figured i would just ask him because he usually has the best answers or the right answer. If someone else wants to chime in with anything that may help then go right ahead i just dont want to hear dumb shit like change the.muffler bearings. Im 28 and dont care for childish shit that frankly this site is full of but its better than the redneck.sites here.
check Vtak fluid
Old 10-13-2011, 03:50 AM
Dough_Boy.
Registered Member

Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy.

My advice would be to get the timing straight first. I have no idea that the noise is, pull the cap off and make sure nothing is coming apart inside.
Old 10-13-2011, 03:57 AM
Lord Humongous
VaDriven Mayhem

Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous

Yes, if you're having dizzy problems, I'd recommend that you stop spinning around
Old 10-13-2011, 04:33 AM
SortaFlush
Slammedxpert

SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush

Honestly,

You need to get that timing set straight first. It is rather easy. However, I have never heard a distributor sound like that when timing was off. Who knows, maybe the distributor is grinding away at the camshaft.
Old 10-13-2011, 04:43 AM
TATTRAT
WEEEEEEEEEEE

TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT

a thousand AND ONE things to say!
Old 10-13-2011, 04:57 AM
Fabrik8
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

If you know the timing belt is off a tooth, get that fixed before you bother troubleshooting anything else. That sure is an interesting noise it's making...
Old 10-13-2011, 05:39 AM
Dubee88
TonzAGunz

Dubee88 Dubee88 Dubee88 Dubee88 Dubee88 Dubee88 Dubee88 Dubee88 Dubee88 Dubee88 Dubee88

28 huh? still seem pretty immature and childish

http://youtu.be/M9ogxASOvrM

Quick Reply: fabrik8 i need ur assistance lol, dizzy problems