Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Problem with cb7 front end

Old 04-14-2009, 12:43 PM
accord4lyfe
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
accord4lyfe has disabled reputation
Default Problem with cb7 front end

I keep hearing a noise when i accelrate in my 1990 honda accord that comes from the right front wheel and it keeps pulling to the right i have new bushings,brake lines,master cylinder,upper and lower control arms,lowering springs,brake calipers and the pads dont seem like they need changing but after i just clean my car and drive somewhere and park i find a lot of brakedust build up what could be causing my car to pull and make that noise even after replacing all that stuff???
Old 04-14-2009, 01:55 PM
slowintegra92

slowintegra92 slowintegra92 slowintegra92 slowintegra92 slowintegra92 slowintegra92 slowintegra92 slowintegra92 slowintegra92 slowintegra92 slowintegra92
Default Re: Problem with cb7 front end

Ah you have a Caliper that is locking up/seized. Hence that wheel is harder for the car to turn..and explains the extra brake dust on that wheel..
Old 04-14-2009, 02:43 PM
Fabrik8
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Yep, most likely. It doesn't have to be locked up though, it could just be slow to release or something like that. If you have new pads, the extra pad thickness is probably making the pad not release all the way once the brakes disengage. The same problem with older, thinner pads might not keep the pads in contact.

Anyway, you should check for corrosion on the caliper pistons and lube them up.
Old 04-15-2009, 04:14 AM
accord4lyfe
Registered Member

well I changed both front brake cailpers and the lines and it still has been doing the same so maybe I just need 2 change the pads even tho there not that old yet and there stoppin the car fine but this is somethin I must fix before I do my swap b/c I can't have the car pulling 2 the right with a faster engine in it
Old 04-15-2009, 06:16 AM
Fabrik8
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Are the calipers you put on there used or new? Have you bled the system really well since you put on the new calipers and lines?
Old 04-15-2009, 08:37 AM
accord4lyfe
Registered Member

yea there new and i bled the system real good but do u think it could be the rotors?
Old 04-15-2009, 02:28 PM
Fabrik8
Racetracks

Rotors shouldn't matter, unless they're warped and making a intermittent contact. You'd definitely hear something like that usually. There's only way to figure out what's happening here though, and that's to take the wheel off and check it out.

So you're only hearing something when you accelerate? Is it only pulling to the right when you accelerate, or does it pull right all the time?
Old 04-15-2009, 06:41 PM
jdmbb2
Registered Member

jdmbb2 has disabled reputation

is it a cluncking noise,,,cuz if it is it could be something else all together...it could be your tie rod ends...when you get a chance left the car up and shake the tire from left to right in something feels loose thats prolly your prob
Old 04-16-2009, 07:13 AM
accord4lyfe
Registered Member

Yea i only hear the noise when i accelrate and it just always seems like it wants to go the right even when im just cruising down the road or on the highway its like i have to have the wheel turned slightly left to keep the car straight on the highway fabrik8
and no its not a clicking noise but u know when i had the car off the ground and shook the wheel from left to right it did seem like something was loose so ur prolly right about it being my tie rod ends then jdmbb2 and how much do tie rods ends run prolly?