Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Crazy accident on 264W

Old 12-15-2011, 03:17 PM
MattnTheHATch
DAAAANG & OHDAANG

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch
Default Crazy accident on 264W

Crazy thing just happened...

So Im riding my bike down 264W heading over to my buddies house off the Independence exit. Im about 3 blocks from the exit in the far right lane and all of a sudden everyone comes to a quick stop. I stand up on my bike to see what has happened and I see one of the most horrific car accidents.

I immediately cross all the lanes cause the traffic has stopped and run over to the closest car. A woman is inside laid out flat like the seat had broken. Her nose is clearly broken and lip seems to be almost ripped off. Shes moaning and is awake with a blank stare on her face. The driver door wont open but the car doesnt seem to be on fire so I wasnt to concerned about getting her out. At this point a woman comes up and says shes a nurse, so I leave her and check on the other car.

I look over and the car is about 20 yards away and is on fire!!! So I run over and the driver is unconscious with the steering column completely pressed against his chest. I try to open the door and it will not budge even the slightest bit. I check the status on the fire and it is under the car around the area where the header and cat meet. At this point someone runs over with an old fire extinguisher it just barely has enough left to put the fire out (or so we thought). We start talking to the driver and he wakes up. "Do you know where you are? Virginia beach" good, "do you know what happened? I was in an accident" good. All of a sudden a fire breaks out in the passenger side floor board. HOLY FUCK!!!!!!! I reach down and put the seat back and start yanking on this dude as hard as I can. Me and this other guy are pulling so hard I thought I was gonna rip the dudes arm off. His legs were completely trapped under the dash.

Now the fire spreads under the drivers dash and on this dudes legs! I take my Honda jacket off and put it over him helping to keep him from burning. I can see that his legs are in the flames but hes not screaming in pain at all. He must not have felt anything.

Finally a fireman shows up with an extinguisher and puts out the flames. I stayed to be sure he was alive and they had to cut the roof off to pull him out. Hes gonna live but maybe paralyzed or hopefully it was just the adrenaline keeping him from feeling the pain.

Just thought Id share. Please ride/drive safe guys. Seeing something like this sure puts life into perspective.
Old 12-15-2011, 03:23 PM
BallinthaEF
Registered Member

BallinthaEF BallinthaEF BallinthaEF
Default Re: Crazy accident on 264W

Damn
Old 12-15-2011, 03:29 PM
BAN HAMMER
NAZI mod

BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER

INB4 coolstory bro
Old 12-15-2011, 03:30 PM
ufctapout
MARK IT ZERO

ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout

Dang bro. Very cool of you to stop as it seems like you did alot and it may not have ended the same if you didn't stop

All that advriding paid off, hopping the medians like a pro!
Old 12-15-2011, 03:31 PM
burnoutboy
TheMuhFuggin♂

burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy

Probably wasn't paralized... until you started yankin on him and severed his spinal cord.
Old 12-15-2011, 03:33 PM
TATTRAT
WEEEEEEEEEEE

TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT

Originally Posted by burnoutboy
Probably wasn't paralized... until you started yankin on him and severed his spinal cord.
LOL, I thought the same thing.

Good job being a good Samaritan.
Old 12-15-2011, 03:57 PM
Sun Wukong
Havoc

Sun Wukong Sun Wukong Sun Wukong Sun Wukong Sun Wukong Sun Wukong Sun Wukong Sun Wukong Sun Wukong Sun Wukong Sun Wukong

In china you would have been sued for all your worth and some.
Old 12-15-2011, 03:58 PM
BREWSKI
DRINK BEER AND FIGHT

BREWSKI BREWSKI BREWSKI BREWSKI BREWSKI BREWSKI BREWSKI BREWSKI BREWSKI BREWSKI BREWSKI

damn bro. kudos to u
Old 12-15-2011, 04:01 PM
MORE IMPATIENT
DESTROYS DONUTS !!

MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT

crazy shit. good on you for helping out man.

International protocols state that if a person is in added danger, for example...being burned by fire, in position of an iminent collapse or deteriorating safety conditions..Rapid extrication is called for even without proper spinal immobilization. basically if a fire was about to burn someone up, get them the fuck out any way you can.

and if they have any of your information, for your protection. I would just go ahead and look up the citizens protection act or whatever its called. It was an act/bill that was put in to place to protect citizens like you who stop and help someone to possibly preserve a life when professional rescue is not there.

Last edited by MORE IMPATIENT; 12-15-2011 at 04:08 PM.
Old 12-15-2011, 04:11 PM
MattnTheHATch
DAAAANG & OHDAANG

MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch

Good point, next time ill sit back and watch a man burn to death.

Quick Reply: Crazy accident on 264W