Notices
The Help Desk Consolidation of Rules, FAQ, Feedback, Discussion, News, and Suggestions.

Request for sticky to help educate the incredibly stupid (outside Classified section)

Old 03-13-2012, 04:57 AM
Computer_Nerd
superuser

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd
Post Request for sticky to help educate the incredibly stupid (outside Classified section)

Reckless is not the same as "wreckless".

Reckless driving tickets are always is at the officer's discretion. There are guidelines (>80, 20+) but you can receive one for going the speed limit (ie: unsafe lane change).

http://leg1.state.va.us/cgi-bin/legp...0+cod+46.2-852 (officer's discretion)
http://leg1.state.va.us/cgi-bin/legp...0+cod+46.2-861 (any speed)
http://leg1.state.va.us/cgi-bin/legp...0+cod+46.2-862 (>80, 20+)

If the officer writes you up for 79 in a 65 (14 over), he's doing you a big favor. If he writes you up for 76 in a 55 (11 over), he's signaling to the judge that you were a complete dick during the stop.

If it's your first ticket and not marked as reckless, go to court without a lawyer and request driver improvement school.

If it's a reckless ticket, you will be required to appear in court, spend the $400 (high estimate) for a lawyer to get the charges reduced and attempt to get the reckless charge dropped to improper driving. The money spent will likely be less than your increased insurance premiums. Have someone else drive you to court (judge often asks how you got there, trying to determine if you were responsible enough to let someone else drive because you know that you're a complete fucktard anyways).

If it's your second (or more) reckless ticket, bring a lawyer, a toothbrush, and bill of sale proving you got rid of your fart can Civic.
Old 03-13-2012, 05:11 AM
-JB-
Fitty Tuckin

-JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB-
Default Re: Request for sticky to help educate the incredibly stupid (outside Classified sect

Old 03-13-2012, 06:49 AM
Junon
Bath salt trippin'

Junon Junon Junon Junon Junon Junon Junon Junon Junon Junon Junon
Default Re: Request for sticky to help educate the incredibly stupid (outside Classified sect

I saw your reported post for this, I think it's a good idea. If you'd like to make a thread in nova dedicated to this, I'll go ahead and sticky it since we get these kind of questions all the damn time in that section.

Unless of course Eng, or someone else wants to throw this in the general automotive section or something to that effect.
Old 03-13-2012, 06:53 AM
Computer_Nerd
superuser

Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd

Originally Posted by Junon
I saw your reported post for this, I think it's a good idea. If you'd like to make a thread in nova dedicated to this, I'll go ahead and sticky it since we get these kind of questions all the damn time in that section.

Unless of course Eng, or someone else wants to throw this in the general automotive section or something to that effect.
posted in nova.

think it should be good to put in each regional section, but i'm not a mod.
Old 03-13-2012, 07:10 AM
eng
Administrator

eng eng eng eng eng eng eng eng eng eng eng

Originally Posted by Junon

Originally Posted by Digital4N6
posted in nova.

think it should be good to put in each regional section, but i'm not a mod.
Sounds like it should be an announcement in the main regional forum
Old 03-13-2012, 07:13 AM
Computer_Nerd
superuser

Originally Posted by eng
Sounds like it should be an announcement in the main regional forum
announcements are temporary, and this topic gets brought up a lot. sticky might be more appropriate for long term.
Old 03-13-2012, 07:14 AM
eng
Administrator

eng eng eng eng eng eng eng eng eng eng eng

Originally Posted by Digital4N6
announcements are temporary, and this topic gets brought up a lot. sticky might be more appropriate for long term.
The mod that posts it can set the end date to something like 2100
Old 03-13-2012, 07:25 AM
Computer_Nerd
superuser

Originally Posted by eng
The mod that posts it can set the end date to something like 2100
Old 03-13-2012, 07:26 AM
Junon
Bath salt trippin'

Junon Junon Junon Junon Junon Junon Junon Junon Junon Junon Junon

Just curious, I'm assuming that's something only you and flite can do?

And, well IB, I guess.