Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Car wax, soap, detailing products

Old 05-25-2013, 03:09 PM
PicovAndropov
Flatulence

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PicovAndropov PicovAndropov PicovAndropov PicovAndropov PicovAndropov PicovAndropov PicovAndropov PicovAndropov PicovAndropov PicovAndropov PicovAndropov
Default Car wax, soap, detailing products

Decided to create this thread since I didn't see an active discussion about it. What do you all prefer to use on your vehicle? How were the results? Were you satisfied with the product and would you recommend it?

I haven't personally found any wax that I swear by. I do like Mother's Mag and Aluminum polish though, It brings out a real nice shine when polishing. Good price and the shine lasts a long time.
Old 05-25-2013, 04:17 PM
Z33_Taxi
Now drives a SWagon

Z33_Taxi Z33_Taxi Z33_Taxi Z33_Taxi Z33_Taxi Z33_Taxi Z33_Taxi Z33_Taxi Z33_Taxi Z33_Taxi Z33_Taxi
Default Re: Car wax, soap, detailing products

I use a lot of Meguairs products, from the clay bar, easy detailer, to their carnuba wax. It's what me Dad used so it's what I use...I have 0 complaints

I will however say that I love this product for interior panels, exterior black panels and cleaning up the engine bay plastics
Old 05-25-2013, 04:31 PM
PTAD1
Registered member

PTAD1 PTAD1 PTAD1 PTAD1 PTAD1 PTAD1 PTAD1 PTAD1 PTAD1 PTAD1 PTAD1

Picov andropov, a friend of mine is the ONLY distributor in VA for these really great detailing products, I just forget the name for some reason. I can sell you some if you want, he swears by them. Actually Williamsburg ford actually asked of they could sell it and buy it through him to sell, but he declined. So just pm if you're interested
Old 05-25-2013, 05:13 PM
Z33_Taxi
Now drives a SWagon

Z33_Taxi Z33_Taxi Z33_Taxi Z33_Taxi Z33_Taxi Z33_Taxi Z33_Taxi Z33_Taxi Z33_Taxi Z33_Taxi Z33_Taxi

Originally Posted by PTAD1
Picov andropov, a friend of mine is the ONLY distributor in VA for these really great detailing products, I just forget the name for some reason. I can sell you some if you want, he swears by them. Actually Williamsburg ford actually asked of they could sell it and buy it through him to sell, but he declined. So just pm if you're interested
What products?
Old 05-25-2013, 05:30 PM
PTAD1
Registered member

PTAD1 PTAD1 PTAD1 PTAD1 PTAD1 PTAD1 PTAD1 PTAD1 PTAD1 PTAD1 PTAD1

I forget the brand, but he has everything. Shelfs in his garage, full of them.

Car wash, wax, tire shine, I forget exactly everything. I can email him though to ask him.
Old 05-25-2013, 09:46 PM
PicovAndropov
Flatulence

PicovAndropov PicovAndropov PicovAndropov PicovAndropov PicovAndropov PicovAndropov PicovAndropov PicovAndropov PicovAndropov PicovAndropov PicovAndropov

Originally Posted by PTAD1

I will send joo a text
Old 05-26-2013, 02:42 AM
MORE IMPATIENT
DESTROYS DONUTS !!

MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT

Meguiars wax safe soap in beetween details,dawn right before a detail to help strip all the old jank off. Iron-x prior to claybarring. meguiars clay bar kit. 3m compounds,polishes and buffing pads. Meguiars ultimate liquid wax or nxt. Its pretty well priced and from what ive researched they both act as a wax and a sealer. I also will use carnauba depending on if i feel like putting in a little more work or before a car show (when i own a nice car that is ),followed by wolfes nano sealant. Meguiars spray detailer in beetween details. All the stuff i use regularly is on the affordable side, i know there is stuff out there that is just crazy expensive but well, I get pretty damn good results and dont feelt the need to spend 300 bucks on a small tub of wax.

Would reccommend all those products. Especially iron-x. Its not cheap and will only do 1 maybe 2 cars but will make your claybarring time so much easier and way quicker. Its a must for me when i do details. Wolfes nano sealant is badass as well but works damn well and worth it.

Last edited by MORE IMPATIENT; 05-26-2013 at 02:46 AM.
Old 05-26-2013, 05:04 AM
Lay Zee H
NBHNC

Lay Zee H Lay Zee H Lay Zee H Lay Zee H Lay Zee H Lay Zee H Lay Zee H Lay Zee H Lay Zee H Lay Zee H Lay Zee H

I swear by Griot's Garage products, personally.
Old 05-26-2013, 06:01 AM
John M
Registered member

John M John M John M John M John M John M John M John M John M John M John M

Nxt 2.0 wax is what i swear by. use it on all my cars and love it. also all 3m compounds, pads.
Old 05-26-2013, 09:49 AM
PicovAndropov
Flatulence

Anyone tried the turtle wax ice wax? Saw it in autozone yesterday for 18 bucks. Kind of pricey. Wanted to know if its any good or is it a bag of dicks?

Quick Reply: Car wax, soap, detailing products