Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

rebuilding a turbo

Old 10-27-2004, 09:57 AM
flynlow
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
flynlow has disabled reputation
Question rebuilding a turbo

does anybody know where or how to rebuilt a T25 from a 2nd gen eclipse. i will not take it to metro heavy duty on orange ave because i took it there yesterday and the older lady that work there was being a total bitch to me. i don't kow if she was having a bad day or not but she was very rude. she treated me like i didn't kow what i was talking about and she wanted to charge me around 600 to get it rebuilt.
Old 10-27-2004, 10:44 AM
cootees
Ivy Tadita

cootees will become famous soon enoughcootees will become famous soon enough
Default Re: rebuilding a turbo

There are a few people on the boards that can rebuild them but I don't know if they will do it for you. You can buy a rebuild kit for roughly around $100. It's fairly easy to rebuild you will just need to find somewhere that can balance it after you rebuild it.

Also I don't know of any shops around that will rebuild them. I've tried finding quite a few but they will only work on turbo's from a diesel system. There is a guy in lynchburg that I heard of who will rebuild them on the side. However, I do not remember who that was or know how to get a hold of him.

It's similar to the rebuild of the 16g. Which you can find a tutorial here.
http://vfaq.com/mods/Turbo-rebuild.html
Old 10-27-2004, 11:29 AM
GaRn
Registered member

GaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud of

rebuild kits on ebay for cheap.. you could just get a mildly used T25 for $50 probably though...
Old 10-27-2004, 11:36 AM
cootees
Ivy Tadita

cootees will become famous soon enoughcootees will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by GaRn
rebuild kits on ebay for cheap.. you could just get a mildly used T25 for $50 probably though...
Ha you're lucky to find a blown one for $50 with all of the honda junkies picking them up. If you find someone to rebuild it for fairly inexspensive then let me know.. I have a few turbo's lying around that I need rebuilt as well.
Old 10-27-2004, 01:15 PM
King Dingaling
Big Dick Playa

King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling

Originally Posted by flynlow
does anybody know where or how to rebuilt a T25 from a 2nd gen eclipse. i will not take it to metro heavy duty on orange ave because i took it there yesterday and the older lady that work there was being a total bitch to me. i don't kow if she was having a bad day or not but she was very rude. she treated me like i didn't kow what i was talking about and she wanted to charge me around 600 to get it rebuilt.
we have a shop here in chesapeake where i got my t-25 done.

it's currently on cootees car. as a t-28.

i rebuild to bigger internals and shit.
Old 10-27-2004, 01:33 PM
HatefulMechanic
The Pro to call.

HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic

unless you know what you are doing, have done it before (or watched it done) and are good with machinist measurements and actions...i dont reccomend doing it yourself.

as for locally, the place you mentioned deals mainly with large frame turbos, which are going to be more expensive. you may want to call and ask to speak to a tech, and get an estimate.

i think there is somewhere else that Jeff and Marshall used, but i am not sure.

there is always Deadbolt....
Old 10-27-2004, 02:53 PM
flynlow
Registered Member

flynlow has disabled reputation

the turbo still spool fine but it is leaking a lil bit of oil so i think it just might be the seal but not sure. how far is chesapeake from roanoke? yeah there's no way that i will try and rebuilt it myself just cuz i have never done one before. and FC735, what's "DEALBOLT"?
Old 10-27-2004, 04:42 PM
HatefulMechanic
The Pro to call.

HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic

http://www.deadboltspeed.com/indexmain.htm

he does hella nice hybrids...
Old 10-27-2004, 05:19 PM
16g-95gsx
Registered Member

16g-95gsx is an unknown quantity at this point

www.forcedperformance.com will do it right. But just as others are asking, why bother? You might as well pick up a brand new TD05-16g, or an Evo-III 16g if you're gonna spend that kinda money, and have another 50% flow.
Old 10-27-2004, 05:29 PM
Cosmo
Registered Member

Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo

I talked to a friend that works at Carter Machinery (rebuilding diesel turbos) and he said he could do it. Can you get the rebuild kit for it? PM me and I can give you his info. Don't know how much he's going to charge. That's between you and him.

Quick Reply: rebuilding a turbo