Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

JDM B18C swap into 92 DA Integra questions

Old 03-01-2011, 09:13 PM
imcnblu
Blue, I'm Seein It

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
imcnblu imcnblu imcnblu imcnblu imcnblu imcnblu imcnblu imcnblu imcnblu imcnblu imcnblu
Default JDM B18C swap into 92 DA Integra questions

Okay, guys. I'm about to start the swap, but want to make sure I've got all the bases covered here.

The swap is a JDM B18C with LSD trans(SiR-G. NOT Type-R) swap and all components are OBD1. My car is OBD1 as well. I've got the harness, etc. covered.

Just need to assure the following:

1. That the USDM wire harness will plug into the JDM ECU. (The wiring, etc. will not be a problem. Wiring is something I've become quite good at in the last few years) I just want to make sure that all the plugs, etc. will snap right in. Again, both the new JDM ECU and my car's current wire harness are all OBD1. I've seen that the case for the JDM ECU is dramatically smaller than the USDM LS ECU, but haven't been able to compare the plugs, etc. If it plugs right in, awesome. If it doesn't, I'd like to know now before I get into it and have to order more stuff and delay the finishing of the swap.

2. That using the USDM LS intermediate shaft and axles will work fine with the swap and factory LSD (swap I bought was without axles, etc.) I've read on numerous sites that they'll work fine with the NON-LSD transmissions, but couldn't find anything conclusive about the LSD. Just wanting to make sure there aren't any major differences between them, other than the diff itself.

3. What radiator hoses do I need? The hoses that came with the swap were cut about 6" short of being usable. Will the hoses from my LS work? I googled like crazy, and 3 different sites said 3 different things, and none of the threads were concluded with a solid answer. If I need to order hoses, I'd like to know now so I can get them ordered, and have them in time before I start the swap. If it helps, the radiator is a 100% factory OEM radiator, straight from the dealer.

4. Also, will the LS shift linkage work? I'd like to avoid buying another shift linkage, but will if I HAVE to.

Right now, these are my biggest concerns. All other aspects, I feel I've got under control. I'll be sure to ask when the swap is in progress if I run into anything.

As usual, ladies and gentleman, any and all help is appreciated.
Old 03-02-2011, 05:39 PM
da93teg
Mr. Fixit

da93teg has disabled reputation
Default Re: JDM B18C swap into 92 DA Integra questions

ecu will plug up no problem, axles will work,ls radiator hoses are good to go and the shift linkage the only thing you will have to worry about is the cable to hydro conversion unless your trans is cable then no problem
Old 03-02-2011, 09:54 PM
imcnblu
Blue, I'm Seein It

imcnblu imcnblu imcnblu imcnblu imcnblu imcnblu imcnblu imcnblu imcnblu imcnblu imcnblu

trans is the LSD trans (that came on SiR-G DC2s) so it is hydro. I have the cable-to-hydro part covered. I'll be running the Innovative cable-to-hydro kit.
Old 03-03-2011, 03:09 AM
eXploited
got 7.62?

eXploited eXploited eXploited eXploited eXploited eXploited eXploited eXploited eXploited eXploited eXploited

Originally Posted by imcnblu
trans is the LSD trans (that came on SiR-G DC2s) so it is hydro. I have the cable-to-hydro part covered. I'll be running the Innovative cable-to-hydro kit.
Sounds like you are Good to go! did they tell you what year the motor was?