Notices
The Twisties For all you cone killers and nazis. This includes Auto-X, Road Racing, and Drifting.

give me some info

Old 12-25-2002, 01:36 PM
TPJ
sumospeedDOTcom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the rough
Default give me some info

ok, so.. i got a question. whats the deal with autoX? id love to give it a try when i get my liscence back, but is there something special about what car to use and what tire to use and shit? obviously im not going to want to use my damn 17s with kuhmos on them, but i also cant afford to spend 300 bucks more for some damn "good" tires for my steelies. btw i have a 88 crx si, should have a zc swap by the time i get my liscence back. any info/suggestions/whatever you got to is appreciated. btw, the car is lowered about 2.5inches if that makes any difference.
Old 12-25-2002, 01:40 PM
trip
///m thrizzle

trip has disabled reputation

just come out and that is it... just come out.
Old 12-25-2002, 05:27 PM
Axelerate
<3

Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate

Yeah what Trip said. You need nothing special. There's even a guy who brings out a Buick Regal out there. I think it's a rental car though. Your Kumho's will do fine, better than my stock tires, which are in the trash now.

Oh, and you don't even need a license to race, just your signature if you over 18, if not then you need some kind of signed permisson slip, and 20 bucks, that's it!
Old 12-25-2002, 07:59 PM
TPJ
sumospeedDOTcom

TPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the rough

Originally posted by Axelerate
Your Kumho's will do fine
yeah but im not sure i want to eat up the tread on them. they are brand new not even on the car yet.
Old 12-25-2002, 08:27 PM
lightningd
co driver

lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd

1) bring you and your car out there on Jan 12th (check for official thread)

2) recommended
- bring a big rubbermaid tub to store your crap in
- bring a tire pressure gauge
- bring a license (an old one might work) just so you can get a helmet. they hold the ID while you use the helmet.

3) make sure everything in your car is securely down (no trash) and especially the battery.

4) new tires will be kind of slippery. my yokohamas were when i first got them, but now they're great.

5) the first time out, you come, you get aquainted, and you race and have fun. don't worry about anything else. everything else just falls into place. and we'll all help you with everything.
Old 12-26-2002, 04:52 AM
TPJ
sumospeedDOTcom

hmm... im gonna have to wait til i get my liscence back just because i have the front end of my car partially town apart right now. that and getting there would probably be a bit of a problem because im not too thrilled with the idea of driving my car without having my liscence. when will you guys find out about any events after the 16th of february?
Old 12-26-2002, 11:40 AM
lightningd
co driver

lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd

we always post an official thread for each autox. the first one after the 16th is feb. 18th at fentress. then the next in april i believe. were still waiting on VMSC to post a new schedule up.
Old 12-26-2002, 12:33 PM
TPJ
sumospeedDOTcom

where is fentress?
Old 12-26-2002, 12:37 PM
GreyGT-C
Just a 1.3 Liter

GreyGT-C is an unknown quantity at this point

I may finally come out to do one this year, even though i'll be in the *you're way over your head* class. Anyone have the link to the classifcation rules?.......or someone tell me what class i will be in? (literally nothing on the car is stock anymore)
Old 12-26-2002, 04:17 PM
98sr20ve
Mr. Inconspicuous

98sr20ve is an unknown quantity at this point

If you put on bigger brakes you are in SM. That makes it easy to know.

Quick Reply: give me some info