Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

misfiring system

Old 12-18-2004 | 08:19 PM
head1st4haloz
Registered Member

head1st4haloz is a jewel in the roughhead1st4haloz is a jewel in the roughhead1st4haloz is a jewel in the roughhead1st4haloz is a jewel in the roughhead1st4haloz is a jewel in the rough
Default misfiring system

does anyone around here have one? i was sitting in the food lion parking lot chilling and i heard a car pass by that sounded like it had one. just wondering.
Old 12-19-2004 | 09:24 PM
sssilvia14
Big YC Style

sssilvia14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: misfiring system

you dirty mexican
Old 12-19-2004 | 09:40 PM
gear
Die reinste Bösen.

gear gear gear gear gear gear gear gear gear gear gear

Old 12-19-2004 | 09:42 PM
SuPa
Only Godlike

SuPa is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't know whether to cry for this kid, or laugh harder.
Old 12-20-2004 | 04:47 AM
head1st4haloz
Registered Member

head1st4haloz is a jewel in the roughhead1st4haloz is a jewel in the roughhead1st4haloz is a jewel in the roughhead1st4haloz is a jewel in the roughhead1st4haloz is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by sssilvia14
you dirty mexican
kevin told me to ask bitch

ps. hope you crashed on the way to amandas jk
Old 12-20-2004 | 04:49 AM
Slimsta Jimsta
Eat me.

Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta

what the fuck is a misfiring system... is it like a BOV simulator?
Old 12-20-2004 | 05:08 AM
head1st4haloz
Registered Member

Originally Posted by slimstajimsta5
what the fuck is a misfiring system... is it like a BOV simulator?
i honestly have no clue myself either. like i said me and my friend were just chilling and we heard a car go past making a noise and he said it was probably a misfiring system. i searched for it and here ya go

a misfiring system is basically a solution to turbo lag. when a driver (with turbo) lifts his foot off the gas to make a turn, there is a sudden drop of power, obviously, and so there is a loss of exhaust gases which lowers the pressure needed to drive the turbine. when the turbine loses this power, it slows down and needs time to spin up again, which creates the lag. the way a misfiring system works is, when this happens, it senses it immediately and injects fuel directly into the exhaust system itself. The fuel is detonated in the exhaust manifold, creating that pop you hear and the force of this mini-explosion is enough to maintain boost pressure needed to keep the turbo up to speed even when the car is slowing down, thus virtually eliminating any lag and maximizing power coming out of a turn. However, these are illegal on street cars, and eventually ruins the turbo and exhaust system.
Old 12-20-2004 | 10:18 AM
Terry@Fortune
Patron

Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune

thats not how a misfiring system works, thats anti-lag. Anti lag is utilized for rally cars its also available in JDM evos. Misfiring system does the same thing but it keeps the turbo spooled by cutting the ignition out kinda like hitting a rev cut. Both yield the same thing (no lag) and both make a bang bang pop sound when you let off the throttle. But the antilag system works better but is harder on teh turbo.
Old 12-20-2004 | 11:04 AM
Brian T
Kicking Ass

Brian T Brian T Brian T Brian T Brian T Brian T

I doubt anybody has a misfiring or anti-lag system. I thought they were both the same thing and one was just a bit of misnomer, but whatever. Anyways, its great if you got some superduber built motor and you can rebuild that and your turbo every day, but on the street, its just way too much upkeep. Probably someone just backfired a whole bunch going down the road and your friend tried to sound all smart.
Old 12-20-2004 | 11:15 AM
-Danimal
Boner Jams

-Danimal -Danimal -Danimal -Danimal -Danimal -Danimal -Danimal -Danimal -Danimal -Danimal -Danimal

where was this?

Quick Reply: misfiring system