Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

hard to start h series accord

Old 03-30-2008, 04:37 AM
98civicONair
tWiStEd wAgOn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
98civicONair has a spectacular aura about98civicONair has a spectacular aura about98civicONair has a spectacular aura about
Default hard to start h series accord

chico
hampton

i bought a wrecked 94 prelude si.it had an h23 in it with 130k.it ran great.transmission shifted fine.quietest running honda i have heard.well i did the swap over into my 93 accord wagon.i ran into some minor issues but got most of the straight.well the biggest problem is its very hard to start.it turns over and over about 15 to 20 times before it runs.but once you run it for a while it seems to be ok.it starts on the first hit.also there are some vacuum lines that dont dont have a home.which the c/c is removed.my o2 sensor is unhooked due to the wires being to short.and there is some kinda sensor or something on the left end of the fuel rail that isnt plug in.any help would be appreciated.
Old 03-30-2008, 05:17 AM
Hammer Down
Doing work mofo

Hammer Down Hammer Down Hammer Down Hammer Down Hammer Down Hammer Down Hammer Down Hammer Down Hammer Down Hammer Down Hammer Down
Default Re: hard to start h series accord

Pics of the sensors and the vacuum lines would help. IF your not using an O2 sensor. Well I would say thats the problem.
Old 04-02-2008, 07:49 AM
B-Well
I Love to Hate

B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well

Originally Posted by fastazzf22
Pics of the sensors and the vacuum lines would help. IF your not using an O2 sensor. Well I would say thats the problem.
Check hondahookup for the vacuum diagrams, and please get that o2 plugged in. You're probably sh!tting out fuel. How's your gas mileage?
Old 04-08-2008, 04:51 AM
cr1m3rat3z
gotta go gotta go

cr1m3rat3z has a reputation beyond reputecr1m3rat3z has a reputation beyond reputecr1m3rat3z has a reputation beyond reputecr1m3rat3z has a reputation beyond reputecr1m3rat3z has a reputation beyond reputecr1m3rat3z has a reputation beyond reputecr1m3rat3z has a reputation beyond reputecr1m3rat3z has a reputation beyond reputecr1m3rat3z has a reputation beyond repute

hmm, plugs on the left hand side of the fuel rail: egr, possibly. Like fatazzf22 said, if your O2 sensor isn't plugged, you may want to extend your harness and get that taken care of asap because that's more than likely your starting issue. Furthermore, your O2 is gonna send your engine into limp mode... you don't want that. The cruise control vacuum line on the h23 is on the right side of the intake manifold, plug it if you don't want/need it. Plug any and all vacuum outlets that you aren't using if you don't want a retarded idle. Good job with the swap though - h23 accord wagon - nice.
Old 04-17-2008, 12:44 PM
98civicONair
tWiStEd wAgOn

98civicONair has a spectacular aura about98civicONair has a spectacular aura about98civicONair has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by cr1m3rat3z
hmm, plugs on the left hand side of the fuel rail: egr, possibly. Like fatazzf22 said, if your O2 sensor isn't plugged, you may want to extend your harness and get that taken care of asap because that's more than likely your starting issue. Furthermore, your O2 is gonna send your engine into limp mode... you don't want that. The cruise control vacuum line on the h23 is on the right side of the intake manifold, plug it if you don't want/need it. Plug any and all vacuum outlets that you aren't using if you don't want a retarded idle. Good job with the swap though - h23 accord wagon - nice.
thanks dude