Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

hydrolocked motor...

Old 06-10-2005 | 11:10 AM
Slimsta Jimsta
Eat me.

Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta
Default hydrolocked motor...

so yea, yesturday on my way back from VA beach, i decided to take the granby st shortcut, and it rained really hard. It ended up flooding on the roads there close to a foot high i'd say, and well i was trying to get through it(have a bypass valve) and well the car just turned off. Slorsx was in the car with me so we pushed the car up in a parking lot on the side of the road. Craig said it was smoking a bit, but i didn't notice. i had to rev the piss out of my motor to get it to start and it took a couple of tries. Probably not the smartest thing to do, but it was a little after 3 and i had to be at work in poquosons at 4.

Anyways, it turned on, and we unhooked the intake so it was running an open throttle body, and i drove home safely. The motor isn't making any funny noises or driving any differently. It's basically running just like it was before hand.

So here's my question.. should i worry about anything?

Edit: D-series engines run your life.
Old 06-10-2005 | 11:18 AM
mnchvgs79
Custom User Title

mnchvgs79 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: hydrolocked motor...

Bare minimum, change your fluids and make sure you run the motor for awhile to get the crap out.
Old 06-10-2005 | 05:10 PM
sk8rmike
Bitches get Stitches

sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike

do an oil change, you're fine if it's running.
Old 06-10-2005 | 05:14 PM
g S x
RIP Chris Schader

g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x

rev the motor as high as it will go and pour as much kitty litter as possible into the throttle body to soak up the water thats left.
Old 06-10-2005 | 07:06 PM
HatefulMechanic
The Pro to call.

HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic

Originally Posted by EclipZ
rev the motor as high as it will go and pour as much kitty litter as possible into the throttle body to soak up the water thats left.
Old 06-10-2005 | 07:29 PM
dave22
throwbAcura

dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22

Too bad. You were this close to a swap
Old 06-10-2005 | 07:44 PM
gear
Die reinste Bösen.

gear gear gear gear gear gear gear gear gear gear gear

after i hydrolocked my engine the first time (back when i had my civic) it actually ran better. yey for D series.
Old 06-10-2005 | 07:49 PM
vasponger
Captain night owl

vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger

yeah after i turned my car into a uboat it didnt run, and thats why i have a 240
Old 06-10-2005 | 08:28 PM
Slimsta Jimsta
Eat me.

Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta

Originally Posted by gear
after i hydrolocked my engine the first time (back when i had my civic) it actually ran better. yey for D series.
haha yea, it actually feels like it runs better... what the hell
Old 06-10-2005 | 11:38 PM
crxnfx
I have a 20 valve...

crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx

basically you steam cleaned the engine. Super heated the water, and then blasted it all over inside your engine. Only prob, like everyone else has said above, change the oil quick.

Quick Reply: hydrolocked motor...