Notices
NOVA/DC/MD We've expanded our NOVA forum to include the Greater DC Metro area as well as southern Maryland. Come on in and join our community!

I NEED HELP! Bolt stuck in head and stripped threads. ROAR!

Old 04-01-2007, 12:59 PM
Shaminii
My dick is tan.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Shaminii Shaminii Shaminii Shaminii Shaminii Shaminii Shaminii Shaminii Shaminii Shaminii Shaminii
Default I NEED HELP! Bolt stuck in head and stripped threads. ROAR!

I have a stuck bolt that holds the cam brackets in. I also have two stripped threads on my chassis for the tranny mount. These are the two lil problems that are preventing me from running my car and I'd like to get it running by this weekend for the drift event at Summit point. So if theres anybody out there who has experience w/ extracting bolts and fixing threads, I would be very thankful if you somebody could come over and fix this. I will pay, maybe offer a free 24 pack of booze , or a free Chiptle borrito (I'm broke). My location is in Oakton, VA (Northern VA).

Story behind stuck bolt in head:
I was installing rocker arm stoppers and while bolting everything back in, we started to realize we were torquing the bolts too much. The FSM read 2nm, except we did 20nm because we didn't read the torque wrench correctly (Yes I know, we're dumb ass). It took us 4 bolts until we realized this. So the first bolt has the stud still stuck in there and the rest kinda have some loose threads that a magnet can probably get out.

Story behind stripped tranny mount threads:
One of the four tranny mount holes was completly rusted and fucked prior of me fucking w/ anything. I did not realize this until later. As I was putting the bolts back in for the tranny mount, I stubbled upon one bolt that kept turning and wouldn't tighten. I was like, "What da hell!?". I took out the bolt and noticed the bolt itself was completly rusted and fucked, therefore fucking the bolt hole. Thats when I realized that the rusted bolt came from the rusted bolthole...which is fucked also. So now I have two bolts holding my transmission.

Pics:

I've had many ppl tell me just get a bolt extractor and take it out like ABC. Based on my experience w/ cars...I do not have the confidence to do that myself...especially on the head of a motor. So if somebody can come out and help me, I would appreciate it.

Thank you.
Old 04-01-2007, 02:08 PM
LivinDreamsDC2
Team Livin Dreams

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LivinDreamsDC2 has disabled reputation
Default Re: I NEED HELP! Bolt stuck in head and stripped threads. ROAR!

damn, too bad if i didn't have a broken arm right now i could of fix that for you.