Notices
NOVA/DC/MD We've expanded our NOVA forum to include the Greater DC Metro area as well as southern Maryland. Come on in and join our community!

Anyone know the tint laws in VA?

Old 03-20-2004, 05:38 PM
TEC
wave or die

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TEC is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Anyone know the tint laws in VA?

I'm driving up from Ruckersville yesterday and there are State Troopers ever 1/2 mi. or so. I intentionally set my cruise control for 60mph (55 mph zone). Several cars pass me on the left and I'm thinking to myself they must not have seen the last 5 cops sitting in the median. As I finish my thought I see a silver unmarked car flying up in the rear view mirror. I'm thinking, I guess he's going to get them. He pulls up on my bumper and I'm thinking WTF? I pull over in the gravel on the right. The cop then ask for my license and registration, then he takes his time looking at it, looks around in my car and says to me, ah I think your tint is too dark. I'm thinking, are you freaking serious, you pulled me over because you THOUGHT my tint might be too dark? So anyway, he walks back to his car and brings out his tint detector and places it on the window. He says yep its too dark and writes me a equipment ticket for having tint thats too dark. As I leave I try my best to throw up as much rocks and dirt as I could on the front of his car...good to have RWD.

What is the legal tint limit in VA? For the last 4 years I've passed inspection without anyone ever saying anything about it. I've even had cops sit next to me at the light and not pull me over.

I seriously believe that the ticket was more an effort to make his quota and donate to the state of VA, as they gave me a sheet showing me how easy it was to pay the fine instead of showing up for court, bastards.
Old 03-20-2004, 06:54 PM
nnguyenc
Clutch Master

nnguyenc has disabled reputation
Default Re: Anyone know the tint laws in VA?

well i hate to be the bad guy on this but

(1) Tint law in VA is 50% visibility in the front & 35% in the rear
(2) Inspections disregard the tint windows and only worry mainly on signal lights
(3) Believe it or not....there's no such thing as a quota
Old 03-20-2004, 10:59 PM
VAsol
lolwat

VAsol is infamous around these partsVAsol is infamous around these partsVAsol is infamous around these partsVAsol is infamous around these partsVAsol is infamous around these partsVAsol is infamous around these partsVAsol is infamous around these partsVAsol is infamous around these partsVAsol is infamous around these partsVAsol is infamous around these partsVAsol is infamous around these parts

no quota?
Old 03-21-2004, 01:22 AM
HighPSI TSi Guy
❒Good ❒ Better ✔Best

HighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud of

there is no quota, there is a law against quota rules, however, there is are "goals" that are encouraged. it works just like a retail job... the cop is the salesman.. the ticket is the product.. and you're the sucker
Old 03-21-2004, 03:12 AM
nnguyenc
Clutch Master

nnguyenc has disabled reputation

yeah....that's a good comparison
Old 03-21-2004, 08:10 AM
Skywalker
Atheist.

Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker

50% in front for all vehicles
35% in back for all cars
5% in back for vans, trucks, SUV's

Last edited by Skywalker; 03-21-2004 at 08:28 AM.
Old 03-21-2004, 08:17 AM
Boostfed
Kimchee Wiggler

Boostfed Boostfed Boostfed Boostfed Boostfed Boostfed

Originally Posted by Skywalker
35% in front for all vehicles
50% in back for all cars
5% in back for vans, trucks, SUV's
You got it reversed, it is 50% in front for all vehicles and 35% in back.
Old 03-21-2004, 08:27 AM
Shaminii
My dick is tan.

Shaminii Shaminii Shaminii Shaminii Shaminii Shaminii Shaminii Shaminii Shaminii Shaminii Shaminii

i have 35% tint front n rear, never had a problem. the tint shop should give u a sticker so u can put on ur window dat shows wat percent tint u have. dat way u can point at the sticker to the cop.
Old 03-21-2004, 08:28 AM
Skywalker
Atheist.

Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker

Originally Posted by Boostfed
You got it reversed, it is 50% in front for all vehicles and 35% in back.
oh shit my bad; thanks.
Old 03-21-2004, 11:09 AM
aznsensation18

aznsensation18 aznsensation18 aznsensation18 aznsensation18

i know i live here in fairfax and i got pulled the third day i had my car...i have 20% all the way around....i paid the ticket including the process fee it came out to be $80. FU(King cops.

Quick Reply: Anyone know the tint laws in VA?