Notices
NOVA/DC/MD We've expanded our NOVA forum to include the Greater DC Metro area as well as southern Maryland. Come on in and join our community!

so i hit a deer....

Old 05-14-2006, 01:30 AM
GOOKY4U
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GOOKY4U GOOKY4U GOOKY4U GOOKY4U GOOKY4U GOOKY4U GOOKY4U GOOKY4U GOOKY4U GOOKY4U
Default so i hit a deer....

i hit a deer....fucked the shit outta my front bumper, and cracked my side skirts....passenger door all strached up and blood splatter on it. Mudshields rubbin the shit outta my tire....called the cops (first tiem this happened, didnt know what to do....) arrived at the scene, and they said they really couldnt report it since the damage was minor. It happened juss like 45 mins ago so it was dark. Came home to inspect and sawe a liltte more damage. Waitin til daylight to see any undercarriage damage or anything like that. Is there anything i can do? Maybe with insurance or what not? I dont know...this is gonna set my back like a grand...
Old 05-14-2006, 05:52 AM
Boxer4PSI
Patron

Boxer4PSI has disabled reputation
Default Re: so i hit a deer....

Damn, you should had the cop file the report anyways. The way it goes (at least in MD) is I believe that the cop files the report, you bring your copy of report to insurance, insurance fixes the car (providing that its not a total loss), and then insurance goes after the state to get reimbursed for their expenses from some special fund I believe that is setup just for these incidents.

This could be a special deal just in MD though, b/c MD is overcrowded with deer.

You can do one of two things:
1) Go get an estimate from a body shop, and see if you can afford to pay it without insurance being involved

2) Call insurance now and let them guide you on how to handle this according to their procedures.
Old 05-14-2006, 08:36 AM
GOOKY4U
Registered Member

GOOKY4U GOOKY4U GOOKY4U GOOKY4U GOOKY4U GOOKY4U GOOKY4U GOOKY4U GOOKY4U GOOKY4U

i dont have the comprehensive coverage to take care of thissssssssssssssssss...arergrggrgrhhhhh
Old 05-14-2006, 12:26 PM
Moriar
Registered Member

Moriar has disabled reputation

U should always get Comphrensive, I pay 5$ deductable for it, and it helps me get broken windsheilds replaced, deer horns outta bumper,