Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

HID Bulb questions

Old 01-16-2009, 02:14 PM
jay357
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
jay357 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default HID Bulb questions

I just took the car to get inspected and didnt realize I had a headlight out. The shop couldnt find a replacement bulb because it is an aftermarket HID kit. I dont know shit about HID's and need to get this light working so the car will pass inspection. I looked at the ballast and could see it is a 35watt prolumen kit. Im assuming it is just the bulb that is bad. The bulb looks like this picture, it has the wires ran straight into the bulb. Is there anywhere local that sells these??
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	xenon_bulb_H7R_.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	47.7 KB
ID:	57148  
Old 01-16-2009, 04:43 PM
Iceman05
I <3 BOOST

Iceman05 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: HID Bulb questions

what type bulb does your car use? what color (temperature) are the lights? google this info and report back.
Old 01-16-2009, 06:23 PM
TNGChris
Registered member

TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris

does your car have stock headlights?if so,look up(Advance Auto website,or look in your owner's manual)what bulb your car uses.this is what kind of conversion HID bulb you'll need.if your car has aftermarket headlights,look around on the net to see what style bulb they use.

try swapping the bulbs side to side on your car to see if it is in fact the bulb that is bad.if the other side is now out,it's the bulb.if it's the same side,then the igniter,ballast(those two may be one unit)or fuse is bad.swap parts side to side until you figure out the problem.

some HID bulbs will have the color temp on them,and some also have which style halogen bulb base they're adapted to.

my suggestion for bulbs,ballasts or complete kits.$30 for a pair of bulbs:
http://www.ddmtuning.com/
Chris

Last edited by TNGChris; 01-17-2009 at 04:26 AM.
Old 01-16-2009, 10:35 PM
I Love (.)(.)
tits anyone?

I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.)

figure out what temp color and bulb it is and go to hid-lights.com, i believe they sell just bulbs for a good price