Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

searching for car using VIN

Old 07-19-2003 | 05:46 AM
crxnfx
I have a 20 valve...

crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx
Default searching for car using VIN

I'm trying to find out if there is a way to search for cars and there location by using the VIN number. Does anybody know if this is possible? I sold my Amigo to this guy and have been waiting for payment. Well, I had to go overseas, with all his promises that I would get the money, get the money, get the money, and still I get the random email of " I almost have it all". SO I was going to put the car out as stolen ( I have the contract and it will hold up in court) but I don't know where to find it. A little help please.
Old 07-19-2003 | 06:19 AM
Drop Top 13B
Zoomin' & Blingin'

Drop Top 13B is an unknown quantity at this point

Umm, in theory it can be done, but it is illegal. Only the DMV has the ability to do that. I don't know what you would have to have in order for them to do it, if they would even do it.
Old 07-19-2003 | 10:00 AM
crxnfx
I have a 20 valve...

crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx

thanks, didn't know that it was illegal.
Old 07-19-2003 | 05:52 PM
nftuatn
baller/dickbutt#69

nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn

hey give me the vin and year color etc... and who you sold it to and ill get my towtruck buddy to find it or at least get the guys addy for you just pm it to me
Old 07-20-2003 | 04:25 PM
BoOsted
Registered Member

BoOsted is an unknown quantity at this point

did u transfer title to the car yet?

If so, the only other way I see u can go after this guy is by serving him with court papers.

which may be the best possible route in your case. that way you dont have to hassle over anymore and its a court order. Just make sure you have a hard copy of all the emails or any other paper form of communication b/t the two of u.

I would say good luck..but as long as u have all your ducks in a row so to speak. you'll win this case hands down.
Old 07-20-2003 | 06:22 PM
9civic5
DUKE BLUE DEVILS

9civic5 is infamous around these parts9civic5 is infamous around these parts9civic5 is infamous around these parts9civic5 is infamous around these parts9civic5 is infamous around these parts9civic5 is infamous around these parts9civic5 is infamous around these parts9civic5 is infamous around these parts9civic5 is infamous around these parts9civic5 is infamous around these parts9civic5 is infamous around these parts

Why would you jand the car over without getting the money? Just curious....
Old 07-20-2003 | 06:32 PM
nimmo

nimmo is an unknown quantity at this point

you can do a carfax search to see what city/state it was registered in, then you can search his name in the phone book within that city/state to find out where he is. why'd you just give him your car without getting all his info anyway?
Old 07-21-2003 | 06:10 AM
PyAri

PyAri PyAri PyAri PyAri PyAri PyAri PyAri PyAri PyAri PyAri PyAri

i agree with tommy.
that does blow tho