Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Another computer question

Old 08-17-2009 | 01:40 PM
TexasGlock23
Fuck my life

TexasGlock23 will become famous soon enoughTexasGlock23 will become famous soon enough
Default Another computer question

First of all I want to thank those who helped me with my last issue. I got word back from HP and they claim there was "liquid spillage" and determined that was the of my problems (there was NO spillage I can assure you), and yet everything that is wrong with my laptop is exactly what the recall covered.

With that being said should I call and complain and ask for a manager? Not sure how far this will get me but I did not cause this problem. Should I replace the motherboard and see if that fixes the problem? Or should I just sell the damn thing?
Old 08-17-2009 | 05:01 PM
brandini
RiverCitySyn

brandini brandini brandini brandini brandini brandini brandini brandini brandini brandini brandini
Default Re: Another computer question

If they say there was liquid, they found lliquid or dried up liquid. So it it was coke it'd be obvious... any soda is easy... water is really tough to detect but lemonade is a giveaway because of the smell...

I'd just buy a new one and remove the hard drive from yours and sell it for parts. Someone will want the screen for theirs.
Old 08-17-2009 | 10:20 PM
edtek
where ma ribbons at?

edtek is infamous around these partsedtek is infamous around these partsedtek is infamous around these partsedtek is infamous around these partsedtek is infamous around these partsedtek is infamous around these partsedtek is infamous around these partsedtek is infamous around these partsedtek is infamous around these partsedtek is infamous around these partsedtek is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by brandini
If they say there was liquid, they found lliquid or dried up liquid. So it it was coke it'd be obvious... any soda is easy... water is really tough to detect but lemonade is a giveaway because of the smell...

I'd just buy a new one and remove the hard drive from yours and sell it for parts. Someone will want the screen for theirs.
Im with this guy. Make a majority of your money back on here or ebay!
Old 08-18-2009 | 09:51 AM
george
Registered Member

george has disabled reputation

some phones - and I wouldn't doubt laptops - have a sticker inside that detects moisture. that could have shown something being in there..

I'd sell it for parts.. the screens are worth $$.
Old 08-18-2009 | 10:24 AM
Kyle!
Punch the dot

Kyle! Kyle! Kyle! Kyle! Kyle! Kyle! Kyle! Kyle! Kyle! Kyle! Kyle!

HP would not say there is water spillage if there was not. To much of a liability on their part. If you wish to purchase a new laptop, hate to say this, but BestBuy has the best ADH warranty. Keep in mind it will take 2-3 weeks to get a new laptop but pretty much they will fix everything, including liquid spills. The ADH WILL NOT include virus or software removal. Only hardware. Depending on how much you spend, the ADH for almost any laptop is $99. You can always "break" it at the end of the year and get a new one.
Old 08-18-2009 | 05:08 PM
J0NG
Patrón

J0NG J0NG J0NG J0NG J0NG J0NG J0NG J0NG J0NG J0NG J0NG

Originally Posted by WaffleTime
HP would not say there is water spillage if there was not. To much of a liability on their part. If you wish to purchase a new laptop, hate to say this, but BestBuy has the best ADH warranty. Keep in mind it will take 2-3 weeks to get a new laptop but pretty much they will fix everything, including liquid spills. The ADH WILL NOT include virus or software removal. Only hardware. Depending on how much you spend, the ADH for almost any laptop is $99. You can always "break" it at the end of the year and get a new one.
Truth.
Old 08-18-2009 | 05:48 PM
Jwred
Teehee

Jwred Jwred Jwred

I have a very decent laptop for sale if your interested

https://www.vadriven.com/forums/showthread.php?t=306128

Which i bought from bestbuy right after christmas with a 1 year warranty. So you could still use the warrenty thing if you want to swap if you cop it or i could just do it for you. Hit me up if you wanna work something out.

Last edited by Jwred; 08-18-2009 at 05:51 PM.
Old 08-19-2009 | 05:48 AM
brandini
RiverCitySyn

brandini brandini brandini brandini brandini brandini brandini brandini brandini brandini brandini

Originally Posted by Jwred
I have a very decent laptop for sale if your interested

https://www.vadriven.com/forums/showthread.php?t=306128

Which i bought from bestbuy right after christmas with a 1 year warranty. So you could still use the warrenty thing if you want to swap if you cop it or i could just do it for you. Hit me up if you wanna work something out.
Jump on that. Hard.
Old 08-19-2009 | 12:54 PM
TexasGlock23
Fuck my life

TexasGlock23 will become famous soon enoughTexasGlock23 will become famous soon enough

Thanks for the info. Not looking for a laptop.

Found this however. Opinions?

Looking into buy this: SYX-2030 :: Systemax Venture V7P Pentium Dual Core E5200 2.5GHz/ 4GB DDR2/ 1TB HDD/ DVDRW/ Vista Home Premium 64 Bit - Free 1 Year Anti-Virus!! (30 lbs) Windows 7 upgrade and 12 month extra warranty total $492

I will be selling parts of my laptop.
Old 08-19-2009 | 02:35 PM
brandini
RiverCitySyn

Systemax blows

www.ibuypower.com