Notices
NOVA/DC/MD We've expanded our NOVA forum to include the Greater DC Metro area as well as southern Maryland. Come on in and join our community!

Approximately how much should i need for a b16a2 or 3 swap

Old 10-11-2011 | 10:49 PM
xboxhaxorz
Registered Member

xboxhaxorz has disabled reputation
Default Approximately how much should i need for a b16a2 or 3 swap

I have a 97 del sol si with a bad clutch and a few other engine problems. Its been giving me problems for a while so i just want to get a new engine, found out the vtec del sol had the b16a2 so i would want to put that in or the a3. I am just looking for a solid vehicle with a dohc vtec. In the future i may do some turbo and other things but at this point i just want a reliable vehicle.

How much should i look to spend total for this swap?

Since this is a big job, i will be definitely getting it done at a shop. If any shops are recommended that is great, in the meantime i will be googling and calling.
Old 10-11-2011 | 11:02 PM
sixcyl?
Registered member

sixcyl? sixcyl? sixcyl? sixcyl? sixcyl? sixcyl? sixcyl? sixcyl? sixcyl? sixcyl? sixcyl?
Default Re: Approximately how much should i need for a b16a2 or 3 swap

A lot. Lmao. Engine~700$(if you find it cheap) Trans~500-700$(if you find one cheap) Shop fees~1000$ probably. Depending on the shop/your connections.

All in all you could expect to spend 3kish. May as well spend 4kish and do a kswap.
Just my .02 cents.
Old 10-12-2011 | 02:37 AM
White Devil
Banned

White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil

About tree fiddy.
Old 10-12-2011 | 04:01 AM
Lord Humongous
VaDriven Mayhem

Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous

Originally Posted by Delbanner
About tree fiddy.
DID YOU GIVE DAT LOCH NESS MONSTER TREE FIDDY?
Old 10-12-2011 | 05:29 AM
Stea1thy
aka GSXR

Stea1thy Stea1thy Stea1thy Stea1thy Stea1thy Stea1thy Stea1thy Stea1thy Stea1thy Stea1thy Stea1thy

Originally Posted by Delbanner
About tree fiddy.
fuck i lost
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Delbanner again.

basically what sixcyl said. back when i was looking at prices they were always 2k-3k + $ for install

also make sure you buy a brand new motor, because you never know what a used one has been through, especially in japan with all that hurricane stuff going on
Old 10-12-2011 | 06:05 AM
White Devil
Banned

White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil

Originally Posted by Lord Humongous
DID YOU GIVE DAT LOCH NESS MONSTER TREE FIDDY?
NO! I AINT GONNA GIVE DAT MONSTER NO TREE FIDDY!!! NOW GO AWAY!!!!
Old 10-12-2011 | 08:50 AM
xboxhaxorz
Registered Member

xboxhaxorz has disabled reputation

well i have exactly 3k available to spend

i took a look on ebay and the engines with tranny and everything are around $2400 but are used and looking online, where would i find a new b16a2/3 engine? or should i have a shop find me the engine?
Old 10-12-2011 | 09:23 AM
sixcyl?
Registered member

sixcyl? sixcyl? sixcyl? sixcyl? sixcyl? sixcyl? sixcyl? sixcyl? sixcyl? sixcyl? sixcyl?

You should probably look for a refurbished engine if you can find one. There are some places that take them apart check out the insides and replace what needs to be replaced...then resell at maybe less than 2k if you can find the right place. You just gotta price EVERYWHERE man.

Side Note: Don't forget..you'll need axles, mounts, harness, ecu, and the components for a b series engine (such as waterpump,alternator, AC if you want, etc).

Like I said before man you could go K-series for the cost honestly. But what I would do is find a new/used D16y8 and swap that in. I believe it's a direct swap on your car and they make some decent power and get 40 mpg
Old 10-12-2011 | 09:37 AM
-JB-
Fitty Tuckin

-JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB-

Why not fix your car, sell it, by a car with the engine you want in it?

These swaps are so easy, I would hard pressed to pay a shop to do them. Rent an engine hoist, go to sears get a Craftsman toolset, 32mm axle nut socket, go to town. Wiring will be your hardest part an thats easy as well.

With so many Hondas, people that modify Hondas, b16's EVERYWHERE, if you are spending more then $3k to do this swap, you are doing it wrong.
Old 10-12-2011 | 09:39 AM
NX2KDET
Needs a fast car now

NX2KDET NX2KDET NX2KDET NX2KDET NX2KDET NX2KDET NX2KDET NX2KDET NX2KDET NX2KDET NX2KDET

Originally Posted by xboxhaxorz
well i have exactly 3k available to spend

i took a look on ebay and the engines with tranny and everything are around $2400 but are used and looking online, where would i find a new b16a2/3 engine? or should i have a shop find me the engine?
For 3K why not just get a B18 Non vtec and boost the living shit out of it. Its just gonna get stolen most likely, might as well have fun with it. Nobody gives a shit anymore about All motor, the whole respect me cuz I'm N/A is just a gateway motto to homosexuality anyways.

Quick Reply: Approximately how much should i need for a b16a2 or 3 swap