Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Bad accident on 264 west near Independence

Old 06-09-2003, 10:24 PM
WS6
www.autocross.us

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WS6 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Bad accident on 264 west near Independence

The accident happened minutes before I got up to that point on 264. I am guessing 1:55am since I don't have the clock set on my radio.
As I came around the bend after the old toll plaza, I saw some flashing blue lights and cars slowing down.
As I slow down, I saw what appeared to be a White Honda Civic sitting on it's roof on the right hand lane.
The one state trooper that was there was moving his patrol car into a perpendicular position blocking the two center lanes.
As I got closer I saw a lot of debris all over the road.
Sitting on the Concrete divider (the divider between 264 East and 264 west) was either the front or rear bumper cover.
As I moved around the patrol car into the far left lane, I saw a person lying face down on the ground. I don't know if this was the driver or if there were passengers, but that was the only person I saw and it was too dark to see into the overturned car.
The person lying there was twitching.

I feel very traumatized at the moment since I have never seen a dead or dying person in real life.
Old 06-09-2003, 10:30 PM
LSPinoy
VIP

LSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these parts

fuck dude...thats a horrible sight was it just a civic? no other automobiles involved?
Old 06-09-2003, 10:38 PM
WS6
www.autocross.us

WS6 is an unknown quantity at this point

I didn't notice any other cars, but there might have been.
Old 06-10-2003, 02:36 AM
blktalon
huh?what? your funny

blktalon is an unknown quantity at this point

yo i don't think i know them, but i feel sorry for that person, i hope he/she comes out ok. there is a lesson learned here.....in everyday life whether street racing, daily driving, or what ever, alot of times you make it, it's that one time you don't! so be cautious and alert in everything you do be hind the wheel..peace!
Old 06-10-2003, 02:39 AM
honey
CHEEE-EEESE

honey honey honey honey honey honey honey

thats so sad.. maybe we'll hear about it on the news later..?

im so scared to die like that. after seeing final destination 1 and 2. i always think about it every time im driving.. what if its MY turn to burn alive.. or a truck just smash me to death.. :sigh:
Old 06-10-2003, 04:27 AM
MORE IMPATIENT
DESTROYS DONUTS !!

MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT

i see that shit every day i go to work, but its still a sad sight to see, and i have adjusted to it, but never used to it, the day i get used to seeing poeple dying and not really getting phased by it is the day i quit my career and become a minister........
Old 06-10-2003, 05:15 AM
Sean
Webhosting Guru

Sean is an unknown quantity at this point

wtf is it with accidents near Independance on 264? good lord.

sad though...
Old 06-10-2003, 09:49 AM
PyAri

PyAri PyAri PyAri PyAri PyAri PyAri PyAri PyAri PyAri PyAri PyAri

man...that's really sad
Old 06-10-2003, 10:46 AM
FlipLegend
Gone.

FlipLegend is infamous around these partsFlipLegend is infamous around these partsFlipLegend is infamous around these partsFlipLegend is infamous around these partsFlipLegend is infamous around these partsFlipLegend is infamous around these partsFlipLegend is infamous around these partsFlipLegend is infamous around these partsFlipLegend is infamous around these partsFlipLegend is infamous around these partsFlipLegend is infamous around these parts
Default Re: Bad accident on 264 west near Independence

Originally posted by WS6
The person lying there was twitching.
Damn......that would give me nightmares.
Old 06-10-2003, 04:36 PM
bljram

bljram is an unknown quantity at this point

Couple months ago at the corner of Constitution and Va Beach Blvd. I witnessed this pedestrian get smacked by a GMC Truck. The dude bounced off the truck and landed couple feet away. Almost curled up in a fetus position. I was freaked for like 2 days over that. The person died like 2 days later.
On topic Independence exits suck well the first one does coming form the oceanfront. People think theres an acceleration lane.

Quick Reply: Bad accident on 264 west near Independence