Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

False floors

Old 07-19-2004, 09:15 PM
notsogoodfeline
wharlgarbl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
notsogoodfeline notsogoodfeline notsogoodfeline notsogoodfeline notsogoodfeline notsogoodfeline notsogoodfeline notsogoodfeline notsogoodfeline notsogoodfeline notsogoodfeline
Default False floors

I've completely pulled out my backseats and I'm not putting them back in. Has anyone done a false floor before? I have a how to I just lack all the skills to make it look right. Could really use some help/ pointers..or other ideas
Old 07-19-2004, 09:20 PM
zexpwrd4door
R E U P Gang

zexpwrd4door zexpwrd4door zexpwrd4door zexpwrd4door zexpwrd4door zexpwrd4door zexpwrd4door zexpwrd4door zexpwrd4door
Default Re: False floors

Youd have to be alittle more specific but...its not very hard...just have to map it out
Old 07-19-2004, 09:26 PM
notsogoodfeline
wharlgarbl

notsogoodfeline notsogoodfeline notsogoodfeline notsogoodfeline notsogoodfeline notsogoodfeline notsogoodfeline notsogoodfeline notsogoodfeline notsogoodfeline notsogoodfeline

Originally Posted by zexpwrd4door
Youd have to be alittle more specific but...its not very hard...just have to map it out

what specifics do you need? I just want it to look less trashy...and I don't feel like hunting down new seats. It's for an integra.
Old 07-19-2004, 09:59 PM
zexpwrd4door
R E U P Gang

zexpwrd4door zexpwrd4door zexpwrd4door zexpwrd4door zexpwrd4door zexpwrd4door zexpwrd4door zexpwrd4door zexpwrd4door

Just what material you want to use and anyway you want it to look? I mean its easy to cut some wood and box it off. You could cut apiece to block off the hatch area then another to box of the bottom. Really endless all depends on what u want to use...and what look you want
Old 07-19-2004, 10:16 PM
notsogoodfeline
wharlgarbl

Just what material you want to use and anyway you want it to look? I mean its easy to cut some wood and box it off. You could cut apiece to block off the hatch area then another to box of the bottom. Really endless all depends on what u want to use...and what look you want
I was planning on carpeting it and as far as boxing off the hatch area I will need oddles of help with that. So are you volunteering?
Old 07-20-2004, 03:08 AM
ToyotaTechGeek
brake/steer/throttle

ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek

you could use the bottom of the seat you removed, then pull the upholstery off and then use the foam and steel rod as a 'mold' and fibreglass that thing! you have options to deal with the top...you can either use more foam to lay across the top and make it solid or you can choose to use some wood and piano hinges to make it a 'flip-top' kinda like crx's. you will have to trim the remainder of the foam that you don't use as mold, and you may fibreglass the inside of now existant frame. you'll want to upholster the fibreglass and whatever top you decide on doing.
Old 07-20-2004, 05:10 AM
Boosted2003
Banned

Boosted2003 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by onebadk1tty
I was planning on carpeting it and as far as boxing off the hatch area I will need oddles of help with that. So are you volunteering?
I would being willing to help but since the packers are coming monday.
Old 07-20-2004, 05:15 AM
zexpwrd4door
R E U P Gang

Hmmm I supppose I could lend a hand ....
Old 07-20-2004, 10:14 AM
notsogoodfeline
wharlgarbl

Originally Posted by Boosted2003
I would being willing to help but since the packers are coming monday.
Thank god.

Hmmm I supppose I could lend a hand ....
That'd be fab. I am starting on it this thursday. If you really don't mind helpin let me know.
Old 07-20-2004, 10:16 AM
Slimsta Jimsta
Eat me.

Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta

Thank god.
HOLY SHIT!!
hahhahahaha

Quick Reply: False floors