Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

Power Commander

Old 04-19-2005, 09:16 AM
mnchvgs79
Custom User Title

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mnchvgs79 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Power Commander

Anyone running one? What gains did you notice if any? Which model are you using? Where did you get your maps? Where did you buy it from and how much was it? Anyone get a deal on them?

Thanks.
Old 04-19-2005, 11:02 AM
seanazzy
Registered Member

seanazzy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Power Commander

go to ebay. that's where i got mine for my 750. i liked it. not even gonna waste my money on the 1000. basically comes down to throttle control no matter what on this bike.
Old 04-19-2005, 11:20 AM
Del La Sol 1320
Registered Member

Del La Sol 1320 has disabled reputation

for suzuki's its kind of a waste, since the stock ecu is programmable, i'd probably not buy one again unless i put on a pipe and it had a flat spot or something... i've probably had 5 or 6 of them on different bikes, and every single one has given me problems of some sort and dynojet has always been extremely unhelpful... as far as power gains you probably won't get any, peak HP anyways, but it can help to smooth out lean or rich spots you might get from a set of pipes

in my opinion and experience unless your bike is running way rich or lean from mods i'd spend my money on something else, but if you do need one Owen at www.twowheeldrift.com gave me the best deal on mine, like $250 but that was kind of thrown in with my arata system, regular he probably does them for like $275
Old 04-20-2005, 08:37 AM
mnchvgs79
Custom User Title

I have been reading on www.rc51.org and all the write-ups are saying that the PC is the most vital thing you can do for an RC51, so I guess I will buy one anyway, cant hurt I guess since it doesnt permanently change anything.
Old 04-20-2005, 08:42 AM
Del La Sol 1320
Registered Member

Del La Sol 1320 has disabled reputation

i've heard the rc is pretty sensitive to pipes, and you can't adjust the ecu itself so its probably alot more necessary in your case... but you read alot on the internet that isn't really true, guys all over gixxer.com talk about how they put in a K&N air filter and can really tell it got like 10 or 15 hp, when dyno's show it usually loses a few or stays the same
Old 04-20-2005, 08:49 AM
hybridreams
Go Skins!

hybridreams hybridreams hybridreams hybridreams

www.indysuperbikes.com

best prices i've seen so far
Old 04-20-2005, 09:10 AM
mnchvgs79
Custom User Title

Originally Posted by Del La Sol 1320
i've heard the rc is pretty sensitive to pipes, and you can't adjust the ecu itself so its probably alot more necessary in your case... but you read alot on the internet that isn't really true, guys all over gixxer.com talk about how they put in a K&N air filter and can really tell it got like 10 or 15 hp, when dyno's show it usually loses a few or stays the same

Haha yeah, there are a lot of stories like that out there, "I switched to synthetic and now I dynoed with 15 more HP" haha.

There are some really good write-ups on there with dyno sheets for just about every pipe and ECU combination out there. The guys who made the page, seem to really be pretty knowledgeable.
Old 04-20-2005, 09:13 AM
mnchvgs79
Custom User Title

Originally Posted by hybridreams
www.indysuperbikes.com

best prices i've seen so far

Good call $258 is pretty cheap.
Old 04-20-2005, 09:28 AM
zx12guy
Registered Member

zx12guy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Del La Sol 1320
for suzuki's its kind of a waste, since the stock ecu is programmable, i'd probably not buy one again unless i put on a pipe and it had a flat spot or something... i've probably had 5 or 6 of them on different bikes, and every single one has given me problems of some sort and dynojet has always been extremely unhelpful... as far as power gains you probably won't get any, peak HP anyways, but it can help to smooth out lean or rich spots you might get from a set of pipes

in my opinion and experience unless your bike is running way rich or lean from mods i'd spend my money on something else, but if you do need one Owen at www.twowheeldrift.com gave me the best deal on mine, like $250 but that was kind of thrown in with my arata system, regular he probably does them for like $275
You are correct. As always it varies bike to bike, Del didn't see any gains on his 03 1k but it definitely made a difference on my zx12. Best bet is to search around for some hard data (dyno sheets, back to back comparisons).
Old 04-20-2005, 01:10 PM
Jesus
Patron

Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus

yoshimura ems......

Quick Reply: Power Commander