Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

It's dead Jim :(

Old 06-17-2007 | 02:41 PM
ded
slo truk

ded has a reputation beyond reputeded has a reputation beyond reputeded has a reputation beyond reputeded has a reputation beyond reputeded has a reputation beyond reputeded has a reputation beyond reputeded has a reputation beyond reputeded has a reputation beyond repute
Default It's dead Jim :(

Well, looks like I won't be cruising and showing for the SCMM show. On my way back from St. Louis I spun a bearing. Had to park it at the travel plaza on 77 up in Beckley, WV. Went up and brought her home on a trailer today. I was hoping I could make it long enough on this engine to have my new shortblock built, but I guess not. But not to worry, there's an R3 block and billet crank waiting to start the new build. Billet internals and 18-20psi from the Paxton should be worth the wait. Hoping to have it done in time to catch the tracks before they close this year, if not, then she'll come out strong for the Spring.
Old 06-17-2007 | 05:03 PM
連続注入
Dont guess, diagnose

連続注入 連続注入 連続注入 連続注入 連続注入 連続注入 連続注入 連続注入 連続注入 連続注入 連続注入
Default Re: It's dead Jim :(

What is the dea, I spun a bearing recently also. All my parts should be in this week and car running on Saturday or Sunday.

Got UEGO also to help tune the VAFCII. Anyhow sucks to hear the nes but at least something nice is replacing it though.
Old 06-17-2007 | 05:19 PM
BSeriesTurbo
Go Team Marlboro

BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo

sux to hear that man, I was looking forward to seeing the truck run as well, I'm very interested to see how it performs.

Looks like mine might finally be coming together, I can't wait. Been down for 6 months now, hopefully you won't have to wait that long.
Old 06-18-2007 | 05:09 AM
ded
slo truk

ded has a reputation beyond reputeded has a reputation beyond reputeded has a reputation beyond reputeded has a reputation beyond reputeded has a reputation beyond reputeded has a reputation beyond reputeded has a reputation beyond reputeded has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wrench_Si
What is the dea, I spun a bearing recently also. All my parts should be in this week and car running on Saturday or Sunday.

Got UEGO also to help tune the VAFCII. Anyhow sucks to hear the nes but at least something nice is replacing it though.
Sorry to hear that, definitely no fun at all. I could get her running fairly quickly with a stockish block, but there's no sense in dumping money into that when I have the R3 block and billet crank already. I'll just wait and do it right
Old 06-18-2007 | 05:19 AM
ded
slo truk

Originally Posted by BSeriesTurbo
sux to hear that man, I was looking forward to seeing the truck run as well, I'm very interested to see how it performs.

Looks like mine might finally be coming together, I can't wait. Been down for 6 months now, hopefully you won't have to wait that long.
You and me both She ran 7.45 in street trim last year, running pig rich. She has better heads/cam now and was about to have a better tune. I also have a locker & gears waiting to go in, and a new converter on the way (going from a 2800 to a 4000). Now she'll get all of that, and a much, much stronger bottom end (should be good for around 1200+hp, altho I'll only be making 7-800ish). Once it's broken in and tuned, I'll up the boost Should be a solid 6sec truck with the new setup (probably gonna have to start looking at some rear suspension work to get it to hook). Gonna have to work a rollbar into my budget too. Hopefully I can get it done by this fall, but my wife is due to have our second son in Sept, so that'll slow down the progress.
Old 06-18-2007 | 09:34 AM
VanillaThrilla
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

Sorry to hear the unfortunate news man... I know you seemed excited to have it back on the road.

One thing I absolutely cannot stand is downtime.
Old 06-18-2007 | 09:56 AM
ded
slo truk

Originally Posted by ZeRo_c0oL@work
Sorry to hear the unfortunate news man... I know you seemed excited to have it back on the road.

One thing I absolutely cannot stand is downtime.
Yeah, it pretty much sucks, it was down for six months, finally got it back together and running, and then only got to drive it for a week Just gotta look forward to the new engine
Old 06-26-2007 | 09:49 AM
nomoreevo
santacruz superlight

nomoreevo has disabled reputation

hows the build going?
Old 06-26-2007 | 01:13 PM
ded
slo truk

Originally Posted by nomoreevo
hows the build going?
It's not, yet. I have the R3 block and billet crank, but haven't had time to drop them off at the shop in PA that's gonna do the work.