Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Happy 4th of July

Old 07-03-2007 | 10:09 PM
SVTParatrooper
Registered Member

SVTParatrooper SVTParatrooper
Default Happy 4th of July

Happy 4th of July everyone and Happy Birthday America!!!! Take some time today to remember what this day is celebrated for and all of those who fought and died so that on July 4th 1776 we could be Independent and Free.
Old 07-04-2007 | 06:23 AM
VanillaThrilla
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla
Default Re: Happy 4th of July

Amen to that! Happy Independence Day!
Old 07-04-2007 | 08:22 AM
LLama
Unconfirmed User

LLama has a reputation beyond reputeLLama has a reputation beyond reputeLLama has a reputation beyond reputeLLama has a reputation beyond reputeLLama has a reputation beyond reputeLLama has a reputation beyond reputeLLama has a reputation beyond reputeLLama has a reputation beyond repute

So that our own crooked ass government can live filthy rich off of us instead of someone elses!

Freedom of religion: What this means is, the freedom to not be taxed by the church of England. That's all it was, money. The intentions were money based rather than free doctrine based. Do you really think a satanic church would have flown before the late 1900s? They would've been hanged.

The freedom of speech, right to bear arms, and all the other sugar coated bs on the bill of rights was intended for white male property owners over the age of 21... renegades had to fight for everything else. Our founding forefathers were nothing but mere bigots with absolutely nothing but their own kind in mind.

Flame on.
Old 07-04-2007 | 08:42 AM
VanillaThrilla
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

I'm not concerned with any of that. I'm just glad I have the freedom that many people are not as fortunate to have. We live in the promised land, and people die trying to get here in an attempt to lead a better life.

That's what I'm grateful for.
Old 07-04-2007 | 10:40 AM
SVTParatrooper
Registered Member

Originally Posted by LLama
So that our own crooked ass government can live filthy rich off of us instead of someone elses!

Freedom of religion: What this means is, the freedom to not be taxed by the church of England. That's all it was, money. The intentions were money based rather than free doctrine based. Do you really think a satanic church would have flown before the late 1900s? They would've been hanged.

The freedom of speech, right to bear arms, and all the other sugar coated bs on the bill of rights was intended for white male property owners over the age of 21... renegades had to fight for everything else. Our founding forefathers were nothing but mere bigots with absolutely nothing but their own kind in mind.

Flame on.
Oh very patriotic of you asshole.........I knew when I posted this someone would get on here and run there mouth about how terrible it is in this country and how terrible our founding forefathers were and ruin my Thread. Well if you don't like it or our history and your not very grateful for your "Freedom" here then leave. No one is keeping you here. I don't know you but I'm willing to bet you are one of the citizens in this country that take, take, take and never give back. Because its people like that who are always whining like you were above. So like I said, if you don't like it here and you want to rant on with this Bullshit above on a thread that I posted wishing everyone a Happy July 4th and America a Happy Birthday then leave the country. We're better off without your kind here..............and before you come back with a "What have you done for this country" bullshit post I'll tell ya. I am probably one of the most patriotic people you will ever meet. I have served our country, I have fought for our country, and I have had friends make the ultimate sacrific for our country. So yes Motherfucker, this means I ABSOLUTLY LOVE my Country, I am VERY grateful for my Freedom, and I am VERY thankful for the men and women, past and present, who have braved battle and fought for us and died for us so that we could have what we have today!!!!!!!!!!! and people like you piss me off just alittle bit......ok, piss me off alot. HAPPY BIRTHDAY AMERICA!!!!!

Last edited by SVTParatrooper; 07-19-2007 at 07:52 AM.
Old 07-05-2007 | 11:45 AM
sidewaysfox
Registered Member

sidewaysfox is an unknown quantity at this point

AMEN
Old 07-05-2007 | 12:12 PM
Cosmo
Registered Member

Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo

I'll be the first to admit that I disagree with a lot of what our government does. I am 100% against organized religion. I disagree with a lot of big business and corporate lobbying - specifically the meat industry and its adverse effect on our environment. I completely disagree with pretty much all of the military action that our government has committed in my lifetime, and think it's terrible that people are expected to sacrifice their lives for the sake of money and oil.

However, I am glad that I live here in the US where I'm free to believe what I believe, and free to say it without fear of fines, imprisonment, or death, and I'm also glad that others have the right to disagree with me. In many places in the world, we wouldn't have the choice of what to believe. That's what I celebrate on July 4th.
Old 07-05-2007 | 04:46 PM
GaRn
Registered member

GaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud of

I wouldn't live anywhere else....

Every government is "corrupt." It's all about the money.

I would guess it's only worse in other countries in reference to the effects on the common citizen.
Old 07-05-2007 | 05:31 PM
SVTParatrooper
Registered Member

I agree with some of what all you guys are saying and that is one of the reasons America is so great because you can have your own opinion, but the reason I got so heated was because I was wishing everyone a Happy 4th of July and America a Happy birthday and then this fella comes in here with all of that crap when just a "Happy 4th of July everyone" would have been suffice.
Old 07-05-2007 | 06:44 PM
LLama
Unconfirmed User

LLama has a reputation beyond reputeLLama has a reputation beyond reputeLLama has a reputation beyond reputeLLama has a reputation beyond reputeLLama has a reputation beyond reputeLLama has a reputation beyond reputeLLama has a reputation beyond reputeLLama has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SVTParatrooper
Oh very patriotic of you asshole.........I knew when I posted this someone would get on here and run there mouth about how terrible it is in this country and how terrible our founding forefathers were and ruin my Thread.
Let's read between the lines for a second and take notice that the entire point of my posts are that America isn't "terrible", but it sure as fuck isn't the almighty innocent savior of the world and protector of people that it's sugar coated to be.

Well if you don't like it or our history and your not very grateful for your "Freedom" here then leave. No one is keeping you here. I don't know you but I'm willing to bet you are one of the citizens in this country that take, take, take and never give back. Because its people like that who are always whining like you were above. So like I said, if you don't like it here and you want to rant on with this Bullshit above on a thread that I posted wishing everyone a Happy July 4th and America a Happy Birthday then leave the country. We're better off without your kind here..............
lmao... how ironic, as soon as someone disagrees with the cliche bullshit of bandwagon patriots they're told to leave the country that prides itself on it's bill of rights... one of which is the freedom of speech? SMART.

and before you come back with a "What have you done for this country" bullshit post I'll tell ya. I am probably one of the most patriotic people you will ever meet. I have served our country, I have fought for our country, and I have seen friends make the ultimate sacrific for our country.
I would never inquire about what you've done for America for one simple reason... I don't give a shit... and I'm not the reason you're volunteering the information... it's almost habit that most people in or WERE in the military have to throw that out there every chance they get as if they want the American people to kiss their royal ass. If the service was being done for the country, military personnel wouldn't be looking to get their pickle tickled by American citizens every chance they could throw the "i served" speech out there... besides, we pay taxes which means you're owed nothing. Furthermore, the military, most of the time, is a last resort thing for people that didn't pull college and don't want a monotonous job.

So yes Motherfucker, this means I ABSOLUTLY LOVE my Country, I am VERY grateful for my Freedom, and I am VERY thankful for the men and women, past and present, who have braved battle and fought for us and died for us so that we could have what we have today!!!!!!!!!!! and people like you piss me off just alittle bit......ok, piss me off alot. HAPPY BIRTHDAY AMERICA!!!!!
Well, I'm all for love and I couldn't be happier for you loving your country and soldiers... but when it comes down to it... America isn't the preacher's child everyone tries to play it off to be. This country wasn't started because our forefathers wanted every man woman and child to be equal and prosper. It was started selfishly, prejudice has played it's cards throughout America's entire history, and we're a bully to the world now.

The military was formed to DEFEND our country. The last time the continental united states was attacked was what... 1812 or so? nearly 200 years... but we spend billions every year to police the world. We don't even do that in a heartfelt manner... it's all money games there as well. If the situation means the money for the right people, the American people are played to support the "conflict"... if not, it's ignored. Take a look at the rebel forces in Africa ravaging villages... raping/killing anything that moves. We don't help because there's no money in it. We can't get import/export advantages out of it... and Bush can't play oil games with 'em.