Notices
Events Look here for all and any upcoming events that you can attend.

9/13 2008 Ride For Pride for Sept 11th

Old 07-28-2008, 06:36 AM
Immo
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Immo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 9/13 2008 Ride For Pride for Sept 11th

The 2008 Ride For Pride will be held on Saturday, September 13.

Special traffic note: When the cruise starts, the on-ramp to 495E/95N has ongoing construction. The merge area is short and narrow. Be alert and safe while merging. There will be plenty of time to get back in line once on the highway.

This event is held in the Washington, D.C. metropolitan area...Virginia, Maryland, Washington, D.C.

2008 will mark the 7th year of the Ride For Pride. For those unfamiliar with this cruise, it's purpose is to remember all who lost their lives on September 11, 2001. It also holds the purpose of expressing our support and gratitude to all the men and women of this nation's armed forces, who right now are ensuring that we have the right, and the freedom, to conduct this event.

This event was conceived in 2002, by D. Charleton, and with the assistance of M. Gonzales and C. Pryce. The first Ride For Pride (RFP) had about 10 vehicles in attendance. The 2007 car count was 80, including members from FBodyHideout, Eastern FBody Association, LS1Tech, LS1, FirstStateFBody, HRFBody, LS1GTO, CCGTO, and others.

Here is last year's cruise video...
http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...&VideoID=26017 963

And the video from 2006…
http://www.up2nogood.com/911.html

When: Saturday, September 13, 2008.

Time: RFP will depart at 2:00PM. Please make sure you are on time, and have fuel, stragglers will have to catch up. Some of us will arrive around Noon, to detail cars or catch up with those we have not seen in awhile, etc.

Staging area: Cameron Run Regional Park. 4001 Eisenhower Avenue, Alexandria, Va
http://www.nvrpa.org/parks/cameronrun/index.php

Directions to the staging area: From I 95 North and South, take Exit 174, you will be put onto the Eisenhower Avenue Connector. Make a right turn onto Eisenhower Avenue. Cameron Run Park will be on the left about a half-mile up. Pull in and proceed to the back of the parking lot.

Duration/Distance: RFP will travel 75 to 80 miles, and last about 2 hours. Please make sure you have enough fuel to complete the cruise.

Route: From Cameron Run Park, we will turn right onto Eisenhower Avenue and proceed to the first traffic light. We will turn left onto the Eisenhower Avenue Connector, and proceed to the first traffic light. We will turn left onto the on-ramp for I 495 East/I 95 North (Please read the following: the on-ramp to 495E/95N has ongoing construction. The merge area is short and narrow. Be alert and safe while merging. There will be plenty of time to get back in line once on the highway.). We will continue around the Capitol Beltway (I 495), into Maryland and then back into Virginia. We will then exit onto I 395 North, and take Exit 8B, heading to the Pentagon. We will take the exit for the Pentagon North Parking, and finish the cruise there.

Conduct: No burnouts, No donuts, No racing, we are not at the track. BE RESPONSIBLE.

Vehicles allowed: FBody V6/V8, Mustang/Cobra V6/V8, Corvette, Viper, GTO new and old, GN/GNX/GrandNational, Impala SS new/old, old-school/classic muscle car/hotrod, GM/Ford/Chrysler nameplates, stuff like that. Also consider this statement by D. Charleton from a few years ago ... "It's not like if you show up you'll be turned away."

Please be sure to bring/have an American flag to put on your car, or something to show support for our servicemen/women.

This year's cruise again has alot to live up to. Please help me make this 'a cruise to remember'. Lets come together and show that we remember what happened on that awful day; and that we support our servicemen/women

Special traffic note: When the cruise starts, the on-ramp to 495E/95N has ongoing construction. The merge area is short and narrow. Be alert and safe while merging. There will be plenty of time to get back in line once on the highway.

Last edited by Immo; 09-07-2008 at 05:25 PM.
Old 07-31-2008, 12:06 PM
z31kid
HAMBONE JONES...

z31kid is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 9/13 2008 Ride For Pride for Sept 11th

this is a good idea...ima reccomend everybody come do this ride and show your support...i know almost everybody in here knows somebody that proudly serves our country...the best way to thank them i think is to do something like this..b/c if it wasnt for them we couldnt have the meets/shows/cruises w.e it maybe if it wasnt for the ones that are out there tryin to protect us from terrorist..
Old 08-12-2008, 02:27 AM
Immo
Registered Member

Bump to top
Old 09-04-2008, 05:34 AM
Immo
Registered Member

Bump to top
Old 09-05-2008, 03:41 PM
quiet_storm98
Registered Member

quiet_storm98 has disabled reputation

i will be there once again this year
Old 09-06-2008, 09:02 AM
Immo
Registered Member

I would like to walk the memorial after....

Originally Posted by Pgcharger
Hey everyone just found this online. They are dedicating a memorial at the Pentagon on the 11th and it opens the next day. Thought everyone going might be interested. Its open to the public and also open 24 hours a day.

http://www.news8.net/news/stories/0608/530081.html
Old 09-06-2008, 03:05 PM
Immo
Registered Member

This is from another site:

Originally Posted by MAGNASAURUS
Hey Immo, thanks for keeping this going over here. I was the trail car last year in the Black TA with the red stripes that was doing the video. I love my Magnum too, but the event started with fbody's so I'll be driving my new Collector Edition Trans Am this year. We will have access to the memorial after we arrive at the Pentagon this year, and won't have to take the mile long march from the public parking area to do it since we'll be staged in the Pentagon South parking lot near the actual crash site. We'll have a Pentagon survivor participating again this year. He drives the Blue C6 vette that you can see in last years video. All the Mopars should bump us over 100 cars pretty easy this year!
Thank you for the updated info! This is really a grass roots event, maybe next year we can get a web site together with updates, etc?

It seems like some people have forgotten about 9/11. We need to keep this event growing and be sure we as a country do not let our guard down.
Old 09-09-2008, 03:12 AM
Immo
Registered Member

Bump to top.....................
Old 09-09-2008, 09:45 AM
japslapr
Built, HTA, V9

japslapr is infamous around these partsjapslapr is infamous around these partsjapslapr is infamous around these partsjapslapr is infamous around these partsjapslapr is infamous around these partsjapslapr is infamous around these partsjapslapr is infamous around these partsjapslapr is infamous around these partsjapslapr is infamous around these partsjapslapr is infamous around these partsjapslapr is infamous around these parts

Great thing but what is the idea behind "cars allowed?" I drive an import so not welcomed but wont be turned away? Nice.
Old 09-09-2008, 10:15 AM
Woodrow
Slow as Shit

Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow

I think back in 2002 when it was started it was based off the idea of American Muscle/pride.

Quick Reply: 9/13 2008 Ride For Pride for Sept 11th