Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Miss Teen VA

Old 08-25-2007, 08:45 AM
rotorsownyou7
Famous...

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
rotorsownyou7 has disabled reputation
Default Miss Teen VA

I saw the pagaent on and decided to look at the contestants. Hey, I'm still 20. When I saw Miss VA... Damn! Anyone know her? I heard she lives in Lynchburg.

If you do, hook me up with that phone number.

Old 08-25-2007, 08:53 AM
Boost Happy
www.TeamDOHC.org

Boost Happy Boost Happy Boost Happy Boost Happy Boost Happy Boost Happy Boost Happy Boost Happy Boost Happy Boost Happy Boost Happy
Default Re: Miss Teen VA

looks familiar, how old is she?
Old 08-25-2007, 09:08 AM
SpoolnSRT4
Registered Member

SpoolnSRT4 has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by 924drsleeper

She goes to EC Glass I was flipping through the channels lastnight it was on and she made it past the first round out of the 50 ...
Old 08-25-2007, 09:12 AM
SpoolnSRT4
Registered Member

http://www.newsadvance.com/servlet/S...=!news!archive

Steven Reeves says Emily Bruce is more than just a pretty face.
"She most definitely has substance," said Reeves, director of operations for Miss Virginia Teen USA. "She is one of the most sincere and authentic young women I've worked with."

You'll be able to see Emily, a 17-year-old student at E.C. Glass High School, as the Lynchburg native represents Virginia tonight in the Miss Teen USA pageant (NBC, 8 p.m.).

For her, it's an almost lifelong dream about to come true.

"I've been watching pageants ever since I was little," she said earlier this month. "I'd sit on the couch with (my sister) and my mom (watching them)."

Emily decided to enter the Miss Virginia Teen USA pageant in spring 2006, when she got a letter in the mail about it. (Her older sister, Lauren, now 26, competed in it when she was a teenager.)

With this particular Miss Teen USA, contestants don't have to win a preliminary to go to the state pageant, so it wasn't a very long road for Emily. She competed in the state pageant in September, and Reeves said she was a standout from the beginning.

"Her onstage performance, her interview - everything - she just sparkled," he said. "She has an incredible personality."

Since winning, Emily has been making appearances around the state, working with charities like Best Buddies and Children's Miracle Network. And she has been getting ready for the big night.

"Since winning the title, she has matured greatly," Reeves said. "She realizes that the banner and crown bring responsibilities."

She may be taking on new responsibilities, but Emily said she's not feeling the stress.

"It doesn't feel like a job or anything," she said. "That's the best part about it."

Tonight, she'll compete in three categories: interview, swimsuit and evening gown.

If she makes it to the final five, she'll have to answer a question onstage. The question is "usually a very simple question about yourself because they want to see you speak," she said.

The tougher questions usually come during the interview before the pageant, she said.

"There's no telling (what the questions will be about)," she said. "There's no way to prepare."

Her immediate family - parents Meg and John, sister Lauren and brother David - will be at the taping in California.

If she wins, she'll fly to New York for a week of media events.

If she doesn't win, she'll be heading home, where she'll start her senior year of high school Monday.

"Hopefully," she said, "I won't be coming back on Saturday."
Old 08-25-2007, 09:25 AM
rotorsownyou7
Famous...

rotorsownyou7 has disabled reputation

Old enough.
Old 08-25-2007, 11:53 AM
SpoolnSRT4
Registered Member

lol 17 is old enough ? .... Damn nothing is worth Jail .... She is prolly stuck up to start with ...
Old 08-25-2007, 05:50 PM
Boost Happy
www.TeamDOHC.org

Boost Happy Boost Happy Boost Happy Boost Happy Boost Happy Boost Happy Boost Happy Boost Happy Boost Happy Boost Happy Boost Happy

Originally Posted by SpoolnSRT4
lol 17 is old enough ? .... Damn nothing is worth Jail .... She is prolly stuck up to start with ...
17 is legal in the state of virginia.. Some state go as low as 16 being legal
Old 08-25-2007, 07:39 PM
Sled
wat

Sled has disabled reputation

lol, she looks like every other blond chick I went to Glass with.
Old 08-25-2007, 08:20 PM
slither

slither slither slither slither slither slither

17 is legal in the state of virginia.. Some state go as low as 16 being legal
Umm, might wanna check the laws, its NC thats 17. Va is 18 unless the laws have changed. If so, and Im wrong (and i hope thats the case LOL) then my bad
Old 08-25-2007, 08:33 PM
VanillaThrilla
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

Funny that you posted this. I just stumbled across a thread on the Kawasaki forum about this contest... This is fucking priceless: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lj3iNxZ8Dww

Quick Reply: Miss Teen VA