Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Any shops or places hiring

Old 12-26-2006, 10:44 PM
RotaryX7
<3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RotaryX7 RotaryX7 RotaryX7 RotaryX7
Default Any shops or places hiring

What the title said. I just quit my job because

1) they didnt pay enough (200 doller paychecks werent cutting it, I need to pay for insurance and gas and that wasnt enough)

2) I never wanted to work food, but needed money and at the time, that was all I could do.

So, I put my notice in and am finishing this week. I didnt want to screw them over by not just showing up since that would look bad on me. so I told the manager that does the shechdules, she put me down as a 2 weeks notice, and eligible for hiring agian and said I will finish this week up, just dont add me to next weeks shedule. She said that was cool.

Alright, back to the point. I am interested at working at a shop or dealership that is hiring. I know you have to be 18 for dealerships and stuff, but I know some dealerships hire shop helpers. I would be fine with that, I just want to get shop experience and knowledge so if I go to a better place or something, I will have some shop experience allready. I am in desprate need of a job now. I know jiffy lube hires at 17, but I was wondering if there are any other places out there. If you work at a dealership and hire shop helpers, then thats what I am most interested in. I know how to do brakes, tires, some suspension, some audio, and basic tune ups, some engine things (altenators, fans), etc.

I am only 17, I go to new horizons for Auto tech, I am on my 1st year out of a 2 year course. Then I will have my apprentence thing or w/e, then I will continue the course at thomas nelson and go for ASE.

So if anybody works at a place that is hiring or knows of a place or person, can you please PM me. Thanks

Last edited by RotaryX7; 12-26-2006 at 10:46 PM.
Old 12-26-2006, 10:48 PM
To0C0oL
squad up!!!

To0C0oL has much to be proud ofTo0C0oL has much to be proud ofTo0C0oL has much to be proud ofTo0C0oL has much to be proud ofTo0C0oL has much to be proud ofTo0C0oL has much to be proud ofTo0C0oL has much to be proud ofTo0C0oL has much to be proud ofTo0C0oL has much to be proud ofTo0C0oL has much to be proud ofTo0C0oL has much to be proud of
Default Re: Any shops or places hiring

Originally Posted by RotaryX7
What the title said. I just quit my job because

1) they didnt pay enough (200 doller paychecks werent cutting it, I need to pay for insurance and gas and that wasnt enough)

2) I never wanted to work food, but needed money and at the time, that was all I could do.

So, I put my notice in and am finishing this week. I didnt want to screw them over by not just showing up since that would look bad on me. so I told the manager that does the shechdules, she put me down as a 2 weeks notice, and eligible for hiring agian and said I will finish this week up, just dont add me to next weeks shedule. She said that was cool.

Alright, back to the point. I am interested at working at a shop or dealership that is hiring. I know you have to be 18 for dealerships and stuff, but I know some dealerships hire shop helpers. I would be fine with that, I just want to get shop experience and knowledge so if I go to a better place or something, I will have some shop experience allready. I am in desprate need of a job now. I know jiffy lube hires at 17, but I was wondering if there are any other places out there. If you work at a dealership and hire shop helpers, then thats what I am most interested in. I know how to do brakes, tires, some suspension, some audio, and basic tune ups, some engine things (altenators, fans), etc.

I am only 17, I go to new horizons for Auto tech, I am on my 1st year out of a 2 year course. Then I will have my apprentence thing or w/e, then I will continue the course at thomas nelson and go for ASE.

So if anybody works at a place that is hiring or knows of a place or person, can you please PM me. Thanks
You do not have to be 18 to work at a Dealer.. I started at Kimnach Ford at 15 with a work permit and in the AYES program..

Now is about the worst time to be looking to get into a dealership, we are all slower then shit right now..

Good luck..
Old 12-26-2006, 11:01 PM
SpeedJunkie
Registered Member

SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie

Usually you quit after you get a new job when you aren't making enough money to pay your bills.
Old 12-26-2006, 11:13 PM
RotaryX7
<3

RotaryX7 RotaryX7 RotaryX7 RotaryX7

I know, I allready thought about that. I allready have money off to the side to pay this and next month bills. I dont worry about gas, my car gets good milege. I also have a good amount of money in the bank for my needs. I pay about 100 dollers a month for car insurance, and w/e gas I spend. SO I am not worried about that, I just really need a job because I need to get money for college, etc and hate not getting income.
I tend to save my money though and usually dont take money out of my bank. When I get my paycheck, I take out $60 and deposite the rest. That $60 lasts me till my next check, sometimes I have leftover. So agian, if you know of a place or anybody thats hiring, could you please PM me. Thanks

Last edited by RotaryX7; 12-26-2006 at 11:16 PM.