Notices
NOVA/DC/MD We've expanded our NOVA forum to include the Greater DC Metro area as well as southern Maryland. Come on in and join our community!

Ethanol-Free Gas Stations in NoVA

Old 05-10-2010, 07:53 PM
beeotch
dl^_^lb ..l.,

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
beeotch beeotch beeotch beeotch beeotch beeotch beeotch beeotch beeotch beeotch beeotch
Default Ethanol-Free Gas Stations in NoVA

Anybody know any? This shits fuckin up the M.
Old 05-10-2010, 08:08 PM
Phil703
Registered Member

Phil703 is infamous around these partsPhil703 is infamous around these partsPhil703 is infamous around these partsPhil703 is infamous around these partsPhil703 is infamous around these partsPhil703 is infamous around these partsPhil703 is infamous around these partsPhil703 is infamous around these partsPhil703 is infamous around these partsPhil703 is infamous around these partsPhil703 is infamous around these parts
Default Re: Ethanol-Free Gas Stations in NoVA

put sand in your oil. it'll run faster and better, but your manifold welds might break... and your floor board is going to fall off.
Old 05-10-2010, 09:28 PM
DoriSha
Patriarch BigCock

DoriSha DoriSha DoriSha DoriSha DoriSha DoriSha DoriSha DoriSha DoriSha DoriSha DoriSha

every station is federally required to have 10% Ethanol bro. sorry.
Old 05-11-2010, 03:31 AM
beeotch
dl^_^lb ..l.,

beeotch beeotch beeotch beeotch beeotch beeotch beeotch beeotch beeotch beeotch beeotch

god damnit.
Old 05-11-2010, 03:38 AM
DoriSha
Patriarch BigCock

DoriSha DoriSha DoriSha DoriSha DoriSha DoriSha DoriSha DoriSha DoriSha DoriSha DoriSha

Originally Posted by beeotch
god damnit.
whats it doing to your car?
Old 05-11-2010, 03:54 AM
beeotch
dl^_^lb ..l.,

Well I just got my car out from limp mode the other day. I found out that my injectors were clogged/dirty. I read from some places that it could be from dirty gas or from gas that has ethanol. The way people on the M forums have been getting around this is either getting gas from ethanol-free gas stations or adding 2oz of Starbrite Star Tron fuel additive to their tanks every other fill up. Supposibly cleans out your whole system and removes the water from the ethanol build up. I just ordered a 32oz jug of that shit.
Old 05-11-2010, 04:09 AM
DoriSha
Patriarch BigCock

Well I just got my car out from limp mode the other day. I found out that my injectors were clogged/dirty. I read from some places that it could be from dirty gas or from gas that has ethanol. The way people on the M forums have been getting around this is either getting gas from ethanol-free gas stations or adding 2oz of Starbrite Star Tron fuel additive to their tanks every other fill up. Supposibly cleans out your whole system and removes the water from the ethanol build up. I just ordered a 32oz jug of that shit.
thats str8, you shud be fine then. Your damn sure not gonna find a station around here thats ethanol free bro.
Old 05-11-2010, 04:57 AM
beeotch
dl^_^lb ..l.,

Heres a quote from Supersprint on the M forums.

Whether you have ethanol added fuel is entirely dependent upon local emissions/ inspection laws. Here in TX emissions requirements actually vary by county, rather than the entire state setting the guidelines. What that means is that it is entirely possible to buy no ethanol fuel in one county, and then up to a 10% ethanol mix in the next county.

In general, at least in TX, the counties that require emissions testing (all of the large metropolitan areas including Dallas/Ft Worth, Austin, Houston, San Antonio) all require the sale of ethanol added fuel. The counties without emissions testing generally do not require the sale of ethanol enriched fuel.

And...to add more fuel (pun intended) to the fire. I did a little test of my own in my M3. My SES light is currently illuminated in my vehicle. The codes thrown are the standard cat deficiency codes that are associated with the on going service bulletin. I have not had the service bulletin performed on the vehicle. I currently commute fairly regularly between two different counties approximately 230 miles apart. One is emissions required (Williamson/Travis, aka Austin) the other is not (Smith, aka Tyler). Any gas I purchase in Austin is ethanol enriched. Certain stations in Tyler continue to sell non-ethanol enriched fuel.

Now for the punch line: When I run gas from Austin (ethanol enriched), SES light on, cat deficiency codes, yadda yadda. BUT, when I run NON-ethanol enriched fuel purchased in Tyler, after approximately half of a tank the SES light magically shuts off. As long as I continue to purchase gas from stations that advertise NON-ethanol enriched fuel, I have no SES light, all is well. The minute I switch back to ethanol enriched fuel, back comes the SES light.

Moral of the story? BMW quite possibly replaced hundreds, possibly thousands, of headers and or 02 sensors for no reason. The real issue is this lovely gas we all are now forced to buy. Oh, and lets not forget the service bulletin and new software expense too.
Old 05-11-2010, 05:17 AM
DoriSha
Patriarch BigCock

Heres a quote from Supersprint on the M forums.

Whether you have ethanol added fuel is entirely dependent upon local emissions/ inspection laws. Here in TX emissions requirements actually vary by county, rather than the entire state setting the guidelines. What that means is that it is entirely possible to buy no ethanol fuel in one county, and then up to a 10% ethanol mix in the next county.

In general, at least in TX, the counties that require emissions testing (all of the large metropolitan areas including Dallas/Ft Worth, Austin, Houston, San Antonio) all require the sale of ethanol added fuel. The counties without emissions testing generally do not require the sale of ethanol enriched fuel.

And...to add more fuel (pun intended) to the fire. I did a little test of my own in my M3. My SES light is currently illuminated in my vehicle. The codes thrown are the standard cat deficiency codes that are associated with the on going service bulletin. I have not had the service bulletin performed on the vehicle. I currently commute fairly regularly between two different counties approximately 230 miles apart. One is emissions required (Williamson/Travis, aka Austin) the other is not (Smith, aka Tyler). Any gas I purchase in Austin is ethanol enriched. Certain stations in Tyler continue to sell non-ethanol enriched fuel.

Now for the punch line: When I run gas from Austin (ethanol enriched), SES light on, cat deficiency codes, yadda yadda. BUT, when I run NON-ethanol enriched fuel purchased in Tyler, after approximately half of a tank the SES light magically shuts off. As long as I continue to purchase gas from stations that advertise NON-ethanol enriched fuel, I have no SES light, all is well. The minute I switch back to ethanol enriched fuel, back comes the SES light.

Moral of the story? BMW quite possibly replaced hundreds, possibly thousands, of headers and or 02 sensors for no reason. The real issue is this lovely gas we all are now forced to buy. Oh, and lets not forget the service bulletin and new software expense too.
well isn't that a major kick in the ball sack. fuck ethanol. just run C16
Old 05-11-2010, 05:26 AM
camelflage
i dont care.

camelflage is infamous around these partscamelflage is infamous around these partscamelflage is infamous around these partscamelflage is infamous around these partscamelflage is infamous around these partscamelflage is infamous around these partscamelflage is infamous around these partscamelflage is infamous around these partscamelflage is infamous around these partscamelflage is infamous around these partscamelflage is infamous around these parts

fucking hippies.. i hope the planet goes to shit just anyway just to spite them..

where can i get the starlight fuel juice?

Quick Reply: Ethanol-Free Gas Stations in NoVA