Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

got a ticket in my new car, help?

Old 06-05-2011 | 12:24 AM
sliknik874
Registered Member

sliknik874 sliknik874 sliknik874 sliknik874 sliknik874 sliknik874 sliknik874 sliknik874 sliknik874 sliknik874 sliknik874
Default got a ticket in my new car, help?

i just got a ticket, 54/35, just bought my evo 9,its pretty built up, it was one of my first couple times driving it, i even had i transport on it at the time because i was getting things fixed first then getting the tags, i passed the cop and thought i was going 8-10 over, he said i was going 19 over i was like WTF, im guessing the only thing thats gonna help me is a odometer defection slip? what do youll think?
Old 06-05-2011 | 01:21 AM
aznlyfe
Nudes or GTFO

aznlyfe aznlyfe aznlyfe aznlyfe aznlyfe aznlyfe aznlyfe aznlyfe aznlyfe aznlyfe aznlyfe
Default Re: got a ticket in my new car, help?

Only thing you can try and do is get car calibrated. Take it into court. Admit guilt and hope the judge reduces your fine. It would help to put what city you were in as well when you got the ticket. Good luck
Old 06-05-2011 | 01:41 AM
Trunk Impaired
SHAKESHAKESHAKESHAKE

Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired

Originally Posted by sliknik874
i just got a ticket, 54/35, just bought my evo 9,its pretty built up, it was one of my first couple times driving it, i even had i transport on it at the time because i was getting things fixed first then getting the tags, i passed the cop and thought i was going 8-10 over, he said i was going 19 over i was like WTF, im guessing the only thing thats gonna help me is a odometer defection slip? what do youll think?
Yeah I'm sure that's going to help a shit ton If you really thought your "odometer" was malfunctioning then you should've pled your case to the cop and tried for the faulty equipment ticket instead. Not that it really matters because your equipment didn't malfunction, you said yourself you knew you were speeding you just thought you were only speeding a little bit. Go get the calibration checked, if it's off then you MIGHT have some hope but still the judge is going to ask why you couldn't judge the difference between 35 and 54. If the calibration isn't off then you better just thank your lucky stars that the cop was in a good mood and cut you a break (it's no coincidence that you just happened to be going 19 over, exactly 1mph less than enough to get you reckless driving) and accept the consequences.
Old 06-05-2011 | 01:42 AM
lolololol
registered derp

lolololol has disabled reputation

you couldnt feel that you were going way over 35?

give me the car
pay the ticket
profit.
Old 06-05-2011 | 03:13 AM
Lord Humongous
VaDriven Mayhem

Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous

Op, you're a fucking dumbass.

There's no calibration that's going to make up 19 over
Old 06-05-2011 | 03:32 AM
acura tl
Registered Member

acura tl acura tl acura tl acura tl acura tl acura tl

I was goin 15+ and i set mine off like 12+ and the judge didnt say anything really.. just asked if i had fixed the calibration issue and i told him yes and he dropped the speeding ticket but still gave he the seatbelt ticket..
Old 06-05-2011 | 03:34 AM
Computer_Nerd
superuser

Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd

Old 06-05-2011 | 03:52 AM
Lord Humongous
VaDriven Mayhem

Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous

Originally Posted by acura tl
I was goin 15+ and i set mine off like 12+ and the judge didnt say anything really.. just asked if i had fixed the calibration issue and i told him yes and he dropped the speeding ticket but still gave he the seatbelt ticket..
What?
Old 06-05-2011 | 03:59 AM
ShawnD
Troll & Run

ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD

he just cool storied all up in this bitch
Old 06-05-2011 | 04:17 AM
ILLJIM69
Mr. Sunshine

ILLJIM69 ILLJIM69 ILLJIM69 ILLJIM69 ILLJIM69 ILLJIM69 ILLJIM69 ILLJIM69 ILLJIM69 ILLJIM69 ILLJIM69

Originally Posted by sliknik874
My advice is sell the car and buy a Geo Metro, that way you won't have to worry so much about getting tickets, clearly the Evo is too much for you.

Gotta pay to play. You knew you were speeding, so what is the problem? Go pay the ticket and move on with life.

Quick Reply: got a ticket in my new car, help?