Notices
Import - EUROPE Vehicles from European manufacturers go here.

FS: VIP Car Phone, comes with 1997 BMW M3 4door 5speed

Old 12-07-2007, 11:32 AM
Mike22b

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mike22b has disabled reputation
Default FS: VIP Car Phone, comes with 1997 BMW M3 4door 5speed (post-detail pics update)

1997 BMW M3, 4 door, 5 speed
153,xxx miles
Richmond, Va
$12,500

SOLD Yippee, I can buy groceries!!!

Well maintained and sound car mechanically and cosmetically. This M3 was previously owned by my close friend Kevin/Floda, er, FlimFlam from this site. I purchased it a few months back, sans CCWs, as my daily driver. I'm reluctantly parting with it simply because I can't afford it as I am still in graduate school. I bought it a year too early. I want it to go to the right owner.

Before I bought this car, Kevin shared with me the history that he had learned on this M3. Kevin purchased it from a guy working for the Navy in Norfolk that had only had it for a few months himself. The guy bought it from the original owner up in the DC area that had put the bulk of the miles on it via highway driving. When the car changed hands for the first time a post-purchase inspection was done by Mike at Sports and Imports (http://www.sportsandimports.net/). At that time the entire cooling system was replaced. The radiator, the water pump (now w/ a metal impellor), thermostat, and all hoses. As many know, this is very vital to keep a S52 powered car running happily. During Mike's inspection he found NO other issues and even found that the rear shock mounts had been replaced with upgraded Ground Control mounts....bonus. With Kevin knowing Mike at Sports and Import's reputation, he bought the car without any worries. The only reason the 2nd owner sold the car to Kevin was because he did not want to keep a black M3 sitting at a ship yard while he was on a ship for countless days/weeks/months at a time. He realized quickly that he couldnt afford to let a nice car go to waste.

The original owner of the car had this M3 constantly maintained by Tischer BMW in DC. It was adult-owned and it shows.

The only modification are the $1,500 Bilstein PSS9s which are the best compromise between handling and comfort. These came highly recommended by many on Bimmerforums.com as well as those at TurnerMotorsport when Kevin was shopping for the right setup. Everyone claimed this is the best dual purpose street/track combination...and they are right. They are 9-way adjustable and it makes a noticable difference going from full soft to full firm.

On Board Computer (with no burnt pixels), Auto Climate, Cd player with ipod/aux input. This car was the luxury package meaning it came with a different air dam and the luxury seats. And most importantly, the "early 90's power broker" built in car phone. By far this is everyone's favorite feature.

I have full records for the car, never wrecked, no paint work, never modified beyond the Bilsteins. The car was dyno'd when Kevin owned it at a strong 210rwhp/214wtq which right on par with 3 other E36 M3's that he had dyno'd in the past.

There are only a few rock chips to speak of and a scratch on the rear quarter panel. And the drivers side bolster is slightly worn.

It idles a little rough on cold mornings for about a minute, then disappears, replaced only by the satisfying warmth of the kick butt heated seats. (I will miss those.). This was diagnosed as a sluggish Idle Control Valve but has never annoyed any of the owners to actually address it further.

There are no other issues to speak of. This car has served both Kevin and I very well without any problems.

There are a lot of mystery M3s that are on the market out there, now that they've gotten cheaper. This one has seen only responsible owners that kept up to date maintenance and it shows.

Last edited by Mike22b; 04-17-2008 at 02:15 PM. Reason: post-detail pictures
Old 12-07-2007, 04:51 PM
FlimFlam
Registered Member

FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam
Default Re: FS: VIP Car Phone, comes with 1997 BMW M3 4door 5speed

FlimFlam approved.

Whoever buys this will truly enjoy this. It was a very dependable and fun daily driver. The service history on this car speaks for the price by far. I mean...I wouldn't have bought it if it wasnt worth buying...I mean come on.
Old 12-07-2007, 05:02 PM
brnzbuddha
EMF Member #12

brnzbuddha has a reputation beyond reputebrnzbuddha has a reputation beyond reputebrnzbuddha has a reputation beyond reputebrnzbuddha has a reputation beyond reputebrnzbuddha has a reputation beyond reputebrnzbuddha has a reputation beyond reputebrnzbuddha has a reputation beyond reputebrnzbuddha has a reputation beyond reputebrnzbuddha has a reputation beyond reputebrnzbuddha has a reputation beyond repute

Great car for a great price! Best of luck selling!
Old 12-10-2007, 01:29 PM
FlimFlam
Registered Member

FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam

Hay guize....M Tree 4 sail!
Old 12-16-2007, 07:45 AM
Mike22b

New hood struts went on today.

Exterior detailing is in the near future.
Old 12-19-2007, 07:57 AM
FlimFlam
Registered Member

Hot like fyre kids.
Old 12-19-2007, 10:34 AM
J!NX
XGP15A-II

J!NX J!NX J!NX J!NX J!NX J!NX J!NX J!NX J!NX J!NX J!NX

Very nice, GL with the sale.

Only wish i could afford
Old 12-31-2007, 08:49 PM
Mike22b

More pictures.

I'm liking the car more and more, making it harder and harder to want to sell. Someone take this thing away before I become more attached.

Last edited by Mike22b; 01-20-2008 at 12:08 PM. Reason: forgot pic
Old 01-01-2008, 05:14 AM
c_murff
--------------

c_murff c_murff c_murff c_murff c_murff c_murff c_murff c_murff c_murff c_murff c_murff

um yea.

give me 1 week.
Old 01-01-2008, 06:07 AM
jex5
Registered Member

jex5 has disabled reputation

damn thats clean gl on sale

Quick Reply: FS: VIP Car Phone, comes with 1997 BMW M3 4door 5speed