Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

for honda guys

Old 08-25-2009, 08:26 PM
I Love (.)(.)
tits anyone?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.)
Default for honda guys

ok so its time for me to start building a motor and im not sure how to go about it. I have one particular set-up in mind. I once bought a 88 crx si with a built motor in it from a friend and the car ran great and made what seemed to be good power, so im shooting for the same build. I want this motor build to be an all motor set-up. Ive had turbo cars, sohc and dohc, and since im not shooting for massive power, an all motor build seems good for me. Please give me your comments on the motor build. If you think its stupid, I dont care. But if you have a helpful comment about different setups please inform. This is the set-up im thinking about:
Edit: this motor will be in a del sol if I still have it when the motor is done
Block: b18a1 81.5mm, maybe a block guard, acl bearings, arp hardware
Rods: eagle forged ls rods
Pistons: arias 12.7:1 81.5mm
Crank: micro polished
Head: mild to full port and polish (not sure) arp bolts
Valves: skunk2 .5 oversized
Springs and retainers: skunk2
Cams: Crower stage 2 63402A-2
Cam gears- STR
Type R water pump and oil pump
Intake mani- Type R
Throttle body- Skunk 2 70mm
Fuel delivery- 440 injectors, 255 fuel pump
Tuning- not sure yet, maybe crome or hondata, one of the two, and hope to have mshue or shad to tune it
Tranny- gsr or maybe just an ls, but lsd

no this will not be a daily driver

Last edited by I Love (.)(.); 08-25-2009 at 08:45 PM.
Old 08-25-2009, 08:38 PM
ShawnD
Troll & Run

ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD
Default Re: for honda guys

needs more itb
Old 08-25-2009, 08:39 PM
Audio
#Trendy

Audio Audio Audio Audio Audio Audio Audio Audio Audio Audio Audio

Originally Posted by ShawnD
needs more itb
Tuning ITBS sucks...

As for the setup I would prob get a blockguard put in; even though its a high comp motor. Its a safe extra 100$ bucks to spend as long as it gets done correctly.

Also Do not cheap out on a header; Ive seen many good builds only to have people run out of cash and run a dcsports p.o.s header.
Old 08-25-2009, 08:44 PM
I Love (.)(.)
tits anyone?

I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.)

as for the itb's, I would LOVE to have an itb motor, but as stated I dont want to run into major tuning issues. ive heard a lot of poeple say go for it it wont be a prob, and a lot of people say dont even bother. as for the header, im looking into fabricating my own header. I was an areospace titanium welder for a while and can tig pretty well so that would be a good project for me
Old 08-25-2009, 08:45 PM
ShawnD
Troll & Run

ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD

I know they suck to tune but they are amazing. I think I say that in most NA engine build threads.
Old 08-25-2009, 08:47 PM
I Love (.)(.)
tits anyone?

like I said, I had this same setup in a crx and was very impressed, but I didnt know anything about teh tuning that was done. it was a bought not built car, only because I only paid 2000 for the car. im very curious to see what numbers and track times id see.
Old 08-25-2009, 08:49 PM
Audio
#Trendy

Fabbing a header up would be awesome

Goin off your build list I would say you should see 220-230 fairly easy. What is your power goal
Old 08-25-2009, 08:52 PM
I Love (.)(.)
tits anyone?

I dont really have a goal per say, but id like to see 250, but as long as I keep a semi safe tune id be happy with 230. If I decide to fab the header myself, what design should I base it off of? Im thinking a long tube design, but I dont know much about it, just the fab aspect. getting the tubing wont be hard either, and a flange can be gotten off of any header.
Old 08-25-2009, 08:55 PM
Audio
#Trendy

ya I would say 250 is semi-reachable.

Id say do some research on some tri-y headers and long tube setups. I forgot most of what I research for my N/A build from a few years back. Hytech, SMSP, rage, etc lot of power write ups on HT and what not.
Old 08-25-2009, 08:58 PM
I Love (.)(.)
tits anyone?

well seeming as the build isnt going to be cheap, I def dont want to dump 6-800 on a header. im going to do a little research on some of the custom all motor drag car setups used and see what I can design. fabbing is way cheaper, im just afraid im going to fuck up and kill power, or just not get what I could out of it

Quick Reply: for honda guys