Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

ac not working?

Old 05-31-2007, 10:48 AM
sive ick
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sive ick is an unknown quantity at this point
Default ac not working?

i just put my belt back on my ac condenser and i tryed to turn it on and it doesnt blow cold air.it blew very cold during the winter and there isnt a freiant(sp) leak.could it be because my ac fan is not coming up,or because the brown box(ground?) on the fan plug is not mounted to anything?

The climate control works and indicates that ac is on but it doesnt feel like its kicking in,the rpms dont change at all when i push the ac button.

any advice is appreciated
Old 05-31-2007, 11:27 AM
MORE IMPATIENT
DESTROYS DONUTS !!

MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT
Default Re: ac not working?

it may be froze and the compressor clutch is not engaging and thats why your not feeling the rpm change, you might need a new compressor.if there is no leaks in the condensor or the lines, and your getting power to the compressor plug, you might need a new one.
Old 05-31-2007, 11:51 AM
sive ick
Banned

well i went to refill it and well its empty,which is strange
Old 05-31-2007, 11:52 AM
Jester_Si
Jungle Boogie

Jester_Si has disabled reputation

I have heard a compressor can go bad from not being hooked up.....IDK if that holds true. I say have you freon checked....probably needs a refill.

FYI...No or Low freon will keep the comp from kicking on.
Old 05-31-2007, 11:53 AM
Jester_Si
Jungle Boogie

Jester_Si has disabled reputation

haha....thought so.
Old 05-31-2007, 12:07 PM
MORE IMPATIENT
DESTROYS DONUTS !!

MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT

haha....well a/c's arent air tight, they leak over time.and even worse when there not used cause of the constant pressure in the lines, when you use the a/c it at least circulates, when was the last time you used the a/c ?. fill her on up...hopefully it works.
Old 05-31-2007, 03:10 PM
diggity dave
VTEC

diggity dave is on a distinguished road

try taking a long screw driver or pry bar and tapping the ac compresser clutch if its not spinning (while the ac is on)sometimes they just lock up
Old 05-31-2007, 03:35 PM
nastywidowteg
....im sure.

nastywidowteg is an unknown quantity at this point

go to the autol parts store and get a refill can...follow the directions...have motor running...a/c on...and fill her up. it should kick right on. my integra did it to me all the time
Old 05-31-2007, 04:31 PM
sive ick
Banned

well its still r-12 i went to get it checked today and they said i had a pinch in one of my lines so im either going to pull it all out or put it all back in,im un sure yet but it was used about 2-3 months ago and is now completely empty
Old 05-31-2007, 04:38 PM
Boost609
hype-r

Boost609 has a reputation beyond reputeBoost609 has a reputation beyond reputeBoost609 has a reputation beyond reputeBoost609 has a reputation beyond reputeBoost609 has a reputation beyond reputeBoost609 has a reputation beyond reputeBoost609 has a reputation beyond reputeBoost609 has a reputation beyond reputeBoost609 has a reputation beyond reputeBoost609 has a reputation beyond reputeBoost609 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MORE IMPATIENT
haha....well a/c's arent air tight, they leak over time.and even worse when there not used cause of the constant pressure in the lines, when you use the a/c it at least circulates, when was the last time you used the a/c ?. fill her on up...hopefully it works.
Yes they are...atleast they're designed to be. A/C is a closed system, that's why theres all sorts of o rings.

Quick Reply: ac not working?