Notices
The Twisties For all you cone killers and nazis. This includes Auto-X, Road Racing, and Drifting.

Team Challenge, Part 2

Old 01-14-2003, 06:06 PM
solo2cvc
I Race Cars

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
solo2cvc is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Team Challenge, Part 2

It's time to get your teams together for Sunday. Let me know what the team names are and who's on the team.

This will be done in the same informal manner it was last weekend. I am not setting any firm rules until the next Team Challenge. That being said, I have a plan to keep another "Team Ringer" from running away with it. If you noticed, the other 5 teams were very close in PAX and each team had some very good drivers.

1. Have the Drag VA members decide their teams on the board just like last time.
2. We will let other people create teams the day of the competition with one condition, the top drivers will be mixed in with the other teams. That is, there will not be one team with all top drivers.
3. I may ask some of the drag 757 people to switch teams in order to make the mix work. All I ask is that everyone please keep an open mind. I will not break up a 4 car team that has already been set. Last Sunday we had several partial teams that morphed into what we had. Those are the teams I am looking to add people to.

I will work out the details with the others on Sunday. Start forming your teams now.

Also, Team Bodega is 2 people short again. Right now it is just me & Dave (if you are still interested). Keep in mind that CSP does not have a favorable PAX and my Hoosiers are pretty much spent (which means they aren't gripping worth a s**t).

One more thing, I spoke with Greg Smith from SCCA ODR. He said he would be willing to incorporate a team challenge for the entire season, with point totals and trophies!!! He was impressed by the turnout. Curtis Staples from TSCC was also impressed by the turnout. After this weekend, I will talk with both clubs about establishing team rules. Your input from this board will be very important.

Last edited by solo2cvc; 01-14-2003 at 06:11 PM.
Old 01-14-2003, 06:36 PM
jmciver

jmciver is an unknown quantity at this point

I think what you said makes sense. In any event here are the drivers for Team BMW at the next event:

James McIver, BMW M3, SM
Jerry Crabtree, BMW M3, SM
Curtis Staples, BMW 325i, DSP
Trip Tanner, BMW 325i, DSP

If Trip can't make it, then the 4th team member will be Bob Brochu, BMW 318is, GS
Old 01-15-2003, 04:22 AM
98sr20ve
Mr. Inconspicuous

98sr20ve is an unknown quantity at this point

You are doing a good job with this. Team Sentra will talk and insure all members will be in attendance. Otherwise you can add to our team also.
Old 01-15-2003, 05:40 AM
trader0231
Trophy Fodder Racing

trader0231 is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Another New Team

Team "2003 Wrong Wheel Drive"

Chris Boling - 2003 Mini Cooper - HS
Rob Redanz - 2003 Mini Cooper - HS
Rob Hamernik - 2003 Civic Si - GS
Hillary Cole - 2003 RSX Type S - DSL

I love the idea of Team Challange for the season.
Old 01-15-2003, 10:33 AM
Eric16v
Cone Killer

Eric16v is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking

I might come out and watch.
Old 01-15-2003, 12:30 PM
jetroc0088

jetroc0088 has a spectacular aura aboutjetroc0088 has a spectacular aura about

I might ride out with you.
Old 01-15-2003, 08:07 PM
lightningd
co driver

lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd

Beno....I talked to the Jeff Chanrey (sp?) and he said he and his wife would be cool w/ it, but he had to talk to his team (Team Jester) first about it. so i dunno what is going to be the final outcome of that situation. TEAM HONDA baby.
Old 01-16-2003, 01:49 PM
solo2cvc
I Race Cars

solo2cvc is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Team Honda

Team Honda or Team Jester. Either way I'm in with 3 quality drivers.

I spoke with Bobby Smith (orange 911) today. He is all for placing the top drivers in each team rather than a ringer team.

Also, Team Bodega has updated once again. Just make sure you go in through the front door or you will miss it.
Team Bodega
Old 01-17-2003, 07:53 PM
vbspec
Yes I race a HONDA!!

vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec

I think that putting the faster drivers on seperate team is a BAD idea!!!!!!!!!!! It should be up to the team to try and build the best team and if 4 fast guys get together thats great. Look at team domination in other forms of racing, F1, FIA Rally, Nascar, whatever. My whole thing is that if you breakup the fast guys you have to break up the SLOW guys too. For right now I think just telling someone that they are too fast and need to be on seperate teams is a compliment. But, put them on a team that maybe stacked in the other direction 1 or 2 slow guys (they may not be slow just have a shitty PAX)and you will get a different answer. Heres another thing who are these fast guys.... Look at TEAM SENTRA Brett and I did well, Steve and Andrew from what I gather were not happy with their restected runs.

Last edited by vbspec; 01-17-2003 at 08:01 PM.
Old 01-17-2003, 07:59 PM
vbspec
Yes I race a HONDA!!

vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec

Continued!!!!!!!!

Hey it happens to the best of them. But thats the cool thing about the TEAM idea that with PAX on any given day you can beat good drivers with good cars. I know for certain that if I had better tires I could have maybe been in the top 5 definately in the top 10 (16th is ok for only my 7th race).

So I say "let the team pick the team and the better thought out team will win!"

This is just my .02$s I will participate either way

Michael
Red 02 SpecV

Quick Reply: Team Challenge, Part 2