Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Need Help With My RB25 Swap

Old 10-27-2004, 03:06 PM
JOSH180
I Drive like this

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JOSH180 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Need Help With My RB25 Swap

i have a RB in a 89 240. the swap was done but i have been told that the speed-o and the tach in the cluster wont work with the stock ECU because it reads killometers and not miles. is there any was arround this or to fix this with out buying a dumb monster tach and speed-o? HELP!
Old 10-27-2004, 03:58 PM
musicmaniac
wtb scoobie snacks

musicmaniac is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Need Help With My RB25 Swap

dont u need the dohc guage cluster, i kno on sr's use it since the pignose cluster is different than all the others
Old 10-28-2004, 06:19 AM
StreetRacer69
Registered Member

StreetRacer69 has disabled reputation

would buying a JDM cluster fix that? and you would be JdM TytE yO. The conversion from Miles to killometers is easy to do in your head, all you really need to know is 100km is 62mph.
Old 10-28-2004, 09:10 AM
JOSH180
I Drive like this

JOSH180 is an unknown quantity at this point

i just wanted to know before i got a JDM cluster and all. but that is what i figured. no one seemed to know though.
Old 10-28-2004, 09:26 AM
Carter
nannerpus, nannerpus

Carter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these parts

i used a jdm cluster and just put my stock mph speedo in it.

might want to check out this as well.. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=33678 I think their website is down right now... www.lsautomotive.com
Old 10-29-2004, 05:18 AM
gpeele
still alive

gpeele gpeele gpeele gpeele gpeele gpeele

If you hate electrons and just want everything to work as quickly as possible, Night Szevyn Racing suggests removing your dash and transferring both the engine and dash harnesses from the Skyline. You can lay the Skyline dash harness right over the 240SX harness and power them both up with the ignition switch. The terminals on the back of the switch are all labeled with letters, just make sure the five ignition switch wires on the Skyline harness go to the same letters they originally went to.
This method will force you to use the Skyline instrument cluster, which sort of fits. It isn't really the right shape, and none of the mounting bolt holes actually line up, but it kinda wedges into the space allotted. Running two parallel dash wiring harnesses will leave you with a lot of extra wires and plugs, but at least it won't take much time.
-from sport compact car