Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

is it a good deal?

Old 12-17-2009 | 10:08 PM
HUMMER09
Registered Member

HUMMER09 has disabled reputation
Default is it a good deal?

well my neighber and is also a friend of mine wants to sell me a 2007 red honda cbr 600rr with a little over 5k miles for $5,900. it is also lowered 3 inches and it was done by a honda technician along with a two brother exhuast installed too. it has never been dropped or been in a accident according to my knowledge. so i wanted to hear your feedbacks if this bike is a good deal or move on and look for something else?
Old 12-17-2009 | 10:35 PM
backtoarms
Registered Member

backtoarms backtoarms backtoarms backtoarms backtoarms backtoarms backtoarms
Default Re: is it a good deal?

I don't know anything about bikes, but that seems like a good deal to me.

Seeing as how most new bikes go for like $7-8k brand new.
Old 12-18-2009 | 04:45 AM
98formulaLS1
Registered Member

98formulaLS1 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by backtoarms
WHAT?! lol, it seems like you're obviously qualified to state that then! haha
Old 12-18-2009 | 05:49 AM
sprayedcivic
On One Wheel

sprayedcivic has disabled reputation

hate to say it but new bikes are a little higher than 7-8 grand as well and that is somewhere in the price range of a used bike but if u keep ur open u can find alot better deals
Old 12-18-2009 | 05:52 AM
eXploited
got 7.62?

eXploited eXploited eXploited eXploited eXploited eXploited eXploited eXploited eXploited eXploited eXploited

Um.. Do not ever ride a lowered fucking bike.. 3inches is so fucking stupid.. Lowering it in general is fucking stupid.
Old 12-18-2009 | 06:02 AM
pasty
Between Bikes

pasty pasty pasty pasty pasty pasty pasty pasty pasty pasty pasty

Originally Posted by eXploited
Um.. Do not ever ride a lowered fucking bike.. 3inches is so fucking stupid.. Lowering it in general is fucking stupid.
There's a purpose for lowering a bike for some people. Some people simply can't reach the ground on some bikes that they may want, but in return you lose some qualities that may have made the bike enjoyable in the first place. He's probably buying the bike from someone who is like 4'11.

To the Original Poster, the suggested retail price from a dealer based on KBB is 6500 and the trade-in value is 4500. A good rule of thumb for purchasing a bike based on these numbers is not to pay more than the middle ground at max, which would be 5500. In all actuality, you should be trying to get it for 5200 based on the season as well.

Last edited by pasty; 12-18-2009 at 06:10 AM.
Old 12-18-2009 | 06:43 AM
Woodrow
Slow as Shit

Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow

Originally Posted by backtoarms

Seeing as how most new bikes go for like $7-8k brand new.
Old 12-18-2009 | 06:46 AM
JROW
S a D u B

JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW

Yeah, that's a little steep for the time of year.
Old 12-18-2009 | 06:47 AM
eXploited
got 7.62?

eXploited eXploited eXploited eXploited eXploited eXploited eXploited eXploited eXploited eXploited eXploited

Originally Posted by HUMMER09
well my neighber and is also a friend of mine wants to sell me a 2007 red honda cbr 600rr with a little over 5k miles for $5,900. it is also lowered 3 inches and it was done by a honda technician along with a two brother exhuast installed too. it has never been dropped or been in a accident according to my knowledge. so i wanted to hear your feedbacks if this bike is a good deal or move on and look for something else?
You can find them MUCH cheaper.. Just keep looking.. Took me 7 months to find the right deal on a bike.. got my 2005 for $4000 flat with Aftermarket goodies and 8k miles
Old 12-18-2009 | 06:49 PM
HUMMER09
Registered Member

HUMMER09 has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by pasty
There's a purpose for lowering a bike for some people. Some people simply can't reach the ground on some bikes that they may want, but in return you lose some qualities that may have made the bike enjoyable in the first place. He's probably buying the bike from someone who is like 4'11.

To the Original Poster, the suggested retail price from a dealer based on KBB is 6500 and the trade-in value is 4500. A good rule of thumb for purchasing a bike based on these numbers is not to pay more than the middle ground at max, which would be 5500. In all actuality, you should be trying to get it for 5200 based on the season as well.
well my friend is 5'11, not 4'11 haha.

Quick Reply: is it a good deal?