Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

92 honda accord with 99 f23a1 but wont start(HELP PLEASE)

Old 05-28-2010, 07:24 PM
Doug19
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Doug19 has disabled reputation
Default 92 honda accord with 99 f23a1 but wont start(HELP PLEASE)

ok i swapped a f23a1 in my accord.. i used my f22a1 wiring harness but it dont have a crankj sensor plug in on tha harness. is there a way i culd run the crank sensor to something. im geting fire. the engine just wont start. could someone help?????
Old 05-29-2010, 04:35 AM
The Guy
woot! :D

The Guy is infamous around these partsThe Guy is infamous around these partsThe Guy is infamous around these partsThe Guy is infamous around these partsThe Guy is infamous around these partsThe Guy is infamous around these partsThe Guy is infamous around these partsThe Guy is infamous around these partsThe Guy is infamous around these partsThe Guy is infamous around these partsThe Guy is infamous around these parts
Default Re: 92 honda accord with 99 f23a1 but wont start(HELP PLEASE)

Ummmm get the correct harness?
Old 06-01-2010, 05:55 AM
kawgomoo
fabricated reality

kawgomoo can only hope to improve
Default Re: 92 honda accord with 99 f23a1 but wont start(HELP PLEASE)

alright, you take the dizzy from the 92 accord. depending if it has external or internal coil the wiring will vary a little bit.

You also retain the ecu fromthe 92.

To do this cleanly, you have to cut all the tape and wire loom off the wire harness from the distributor down to the crank sensor.

Cut off the plug for the crank sensor, Pull the wires back through the harness up to the distributor.

You will notice the 92 distributor has more wires than the 99, this is because the CMP/CKP sensor is inside, not down on the crank.

With a little surfing of chiltons manuals, or the internet you can find the wiring color codes and just match em up and connect them.

If you are real lazy you can just run wires up from the crank sensor plug back to the distributor, so you dont have to hack the harness all apart....but this is a bullshit way to do it, and will surely cause you problems in the future.

SOLDER NEVER USE CRIMP CONNECTORS!

oh yeah, the 92 dizzy doesnt fit the 99 head worth a damn...but oh well. that life.

if you get real stuck you can call me or come look at my car, as i have this motor in mine. {stole it from my brother}

602 628 5489