Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Nissan people in the Roanoke area

Old 11-24-2009, 01:34 PM
Mofuger
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mofuger has disabled reputation
Default Nissan people in the Roanoke area

Well I`m new to this forum if you haven`t noticed , A friend of mine told me about it and here I am . I`m on several other forums and the larger , brand specific forums don`t have much for local stuff , at least here in the Noke . I got a 240sx project and I`m looking to find some local people that are in the know . Things like who is the local parts whore , when you can`t find it in the valley who to call next , things like that . Name is Joey , feel free to pop in and say hi .
Old 11-24-2009, 01:47 PM
The Nisbro
SAY IT WITCHA CHEST!

The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro
Default Re: Nissan people in the Roanoke area

Originally Posted by Mofuger
Well I`m new to this forum if you haven`t noticed , A friend of mine told me about it and here I am . I`m on several other forums and the larger , brand specific forums don`t have much for local stuff , at least here in the Noke . I got a 240sx project and I`m looking to find some local people that are in the know . Things like who is the local parts whore , when you can`t find it in the valley who to call next , things like that . Name is Joey , feel free to pop in and say hi .
first of all, welcome to dragva!

second, are you asking for help with your car? or are you just looking for local parts?

your best bet for "local" nissan parts would be JGY in Atkins,Va. although im not a fan of Jason(the owner), he does carry plenty of parts for all types of nissans, but SR20DE/T's are their specialty (FWD more specificly). I know someone who owns a 240sx built by JGY and he seems to be very pleased with it.

as for actual local parts, you just kinda have to get lucky...check the FS section regularly and you'll find what you need within a reasonable distance.

and if you were looking for help on your project, shoot me a PM
Old 11-24-2009, 01:49 PM
.Sarge.
EDM|Mugen|MK3 CRX

.Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge.

Welcome! dont take anything we say to seriously...
Old 11-24-2009, 01:53 PM
kidinatype_s
Registered Member

kidinatype_s has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by .Sarge.
lol...x2
Old 11-24-2009, 01:55 PM
The Nisbro
SAY IT WITCHA CHEST!

The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro

Originally Posted by .Sarge.
too*

i thought you were the HT grammer/spelling nazi?!?!
Old 11-24-2009, 02:08 PM
Mofuger
Registered Member

I`m mainly looking for parts , I`m the local VW parts whore for oldschool stuff but I`ve been collecting that stuff years . I`ve got my Corrado that I`ve been building from a shell for about 5 or 6 years running with a 16v and standalone , but like a lot of things you need the parts to do so .
Old 11-24-2009, 02:10 PM
.Sarge.
EDM|Mugen|MK3 CRX

.Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge.

Originally Posted by Nism0 B14
too*

i thought you were the HT grammer/spelling nazi?!?!
I've been out of practice from that for about three years...
Old 11-24-2009, 02:13 PM
The Nisbro
SAY IT WITCHA CHEST!

Originally Posted by Mofuger
I`m mainly looking for parts , I`m the local VW parts whore for oldschool stuff but I`ve been collecting that stuff years . I`ve got my Corrado that I`ve been building from a shell for about 5 or 6 years running with a 16v and standalone , but like a lot of things you need the parts to do so .
i have a friend that would be in love with you

i love corrado's but i'd have to stick with the g60. i love the whine of a S/C!

are there any nissan parts you are looking for at the moment?
Old 11-24-2009, 02:23 PM
Mofuger
Registered Member

I really need to find a 5 speed tranny , crossmember and driveshaft . I got my R32 skyline calipers today and the rest of the necessary parts I need to install them should be here first of next week . I`m trying to roll through this project a little faster than I did with the corrado , although my cashflow is better since I paid off those damn credit cards .
Old 11-24-2009, 02:27 PM
funder.bunder
goon squad

funder.bunder funder.bunder funder.bunder funder.bunder funder.bunder funder.bunder funder.bunder funder.bunder funder.bunder funder.bunder funder.bunder

Originally Posted by Nism0 B14
first of all, welcome to dragva!

second, are you asking for help with your car? or are you just looking for local parts?

your best bet for "local" nissan parts would be JGY in Atkins,Va. although im not a fan of Jason(the owner), he does carry plenty of parts for all types of nissans, but SR20DE/T's are their specialty (FWD more specificly). I know someone who owns a 240sx built by JGY and he seems to be very pleased with it.

as for actual local parts, you just kinda have to get lucky...check the FS section regularly and you'll find what you need within a reasonable distance.

and if you were looking for help on your project, shoot me a PM

thats me. i dont live in the area but i have some family out in floyd and come out that way sometimes. jgy definitely has the parts you need. i dont do much business with them other than purchasing parts becuase he's right. the owner is kinda sketch.

welcome to the site though. just dont make any stupid posts and be sure to have a thick skin and dont take anything said on here to heart.

Quick Reply: Nissan people in the Roanoke area