Notices
The Twisties For all you cone killers and nazis. This includes Auto-X, Road Racing, and Drifting.

Mugen RSX in 2003 SCCA Pro Racing SPEED World Challenge Touring Car Championships

Old 01-27-2003, 06:43 PM
jeff s
why5oh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
jeff s jeff s jeff s jeff s jeff s jeff s
Default Mugen RSX in 2003 SCCA Pro Racing SPEED World Challenge Touring Car Championships

thought some of you guys might be interested in this story.

King Motorsports will be competing this year with their new RSX
story link here: http://www.world-challenge.com/news/03press04.html
Old 01-27-2003, 09:12 PM
lightningd
co driver

lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd

thanx for the link, let me take a look
Old 01-27-2003, 09:20 PM
ZoomZoomH
spin baby spin

ZoomZoomH is an unknown quantity at this point

ooooooh shit Honda Motor Co. is finally putting their hands on Speed World Challenge, looks like Mazda will get new competition from Honda factory support
Old 01-29-2003, 05:46 AM
monaco

monaco is an unknown quantity at this point

The real challenge will be offing Pete Cunningham and Piere Klienubing. Their ITRs have been the class of the field and late last year they had a third car- an RSX. With the experience and additional development on the RSX, Real Time should be full stride by the third race, King Motorsports will be behind the curve.
Old 02-01-2003, 05:33 AM
Boosted2003
Banned

Boosted2003 is an unknown quantity at this point

still they dont use integras type r for racing they use ls's with high lobe cams... hmmm makes u wonder why they dont have vtec... CAUSE ITS FOR ECONIMIC PURPOSE GIVE ME A CAR ILL PUT HIGH LOB CAMS ON IT I DONT REALLY CAR ABOUT GAS USAGE once u drive v8 evne 20mpg honda engine is till good.
Old 02-01-2003, 11:15 AM
lightningd
co driver

lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd

do what? they do use type r motors for racing. i remember one of the crew members talking about how it's so great they start off w/ an already powerful engine of the type r
Old 02-01-2003, 04:53 PM
MA-HALF-E
Awesome.

MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E

Originally posted by Boosted2003
still they dont use integras type r for racing they use ls's with high lobe cams... hmmm makes u wonder why they dont have vtec... CAUSE ITS FOR ECONIMIC PURPOSE GIVE ME A CAR ILL PUT HIGH LOB CAMS ON IT I DONT REALLY CAR ABOUT GAS USAGE once u drive v8 evne 20mpg honda engine is till good.
Links to info on this? Some kind of reference.
Old 02-01-2003, 05:00 PM
jeff s
why5oh

jeff s jeff s jeff s jeff s jeff s jeff s

sure looks like an R motor to me.
Old 02-02-2003, 06:38 AM
Corey
Yup, jolly poopbuggy

Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey

looks like a type r to me as well. The announcers even call 'em ITRs.
Old 02-02-2003, 09:30 AM
98sr20ve
Mr. Inconspicuous

98sr20ve is an unknown quantity at this point

If you run the big cams all the time then you will have no bottom end torque, You will get a slight benifit up top by putting on the vtec eliminator kit (due to less weight in the valvetrain) but for a street car that is pointless. Honda's already have low torque. If you think about it with proper tuning you can get a HP peak for each cam and tune them to compliment eachother. That is why my car at only 2.0 liters has the same amount of torque as a 2.2 liter prelude engine and almost the same as a 2.5 liter Spec V engine (mine is at a higher rpm).

Quick Reply: Mugen RSX in 2003 SCCA Pro Racing SPEED World Challenge Touring Car Championships