Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Need Help with a swap in the 757

Old 11-18-2002, 09:09 PM
B18Tuner
Modified 4 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
B18Tuner is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Need Help with a swap in the 757

Sup peeps, I'm asking this in hopes that I can find some peeps to help me out with a possible swap. What I plan to do is transfer my 96 GS-R engine, into my 92 Civic sedan Lx. I know most of you are asking why I would want to do such a thing, well it's all a matter of personal taste and appearance to me. The civic has a 2 year old paint job and looks good, plus the interior is dark grayish or close to charcoal. This civic is in great condition, inside and out. The teg on the other hand is green and has bright ass tan interior. Ok, Both cars are currently working, the GS-R just hit 100k and the civic is at 170K, but it runs damn good for a 1.5L push buggy. I plan on changing everything over to the civic; engine, tranny, ECU ( if possible ), axles, brakes, suspension, and the 2 front seats. . Thats if everything is a direct bolt on. If im correct I don't need motormounts, but I may buy new OEM mounts since the stocks have 100k miles on them.
I really don't want to pay anyone the full price to do the work, I'm hoping, ( praying ) that a fellow tuner wouldn't mind helping me out, and lending a hand. I have never done any engine work of this caliber, so I would preferebly need someone with prior experience. I'm military so I have use to any of the following locations to do the work, Langley Air Base, Ft. Story, Dam Neck, or Oceana. I figure all the work could be done in the matter of one weekend, ( Fri - Sun.). This would include taking out two engines, and putting the GS-R back into the civic. If anyone has some time on their hands, and wouldn't mind lending a hand and time, let me know,or let Tony know. I'm more than willing to help, it's knowledge gained. Shyt I'll even try to get Ray down to help too. I wish I could just afford to pay to have it done, but shyt I got two kids and a wife and an $800 dollar rent, so that tells you where all my money goes. If needed, I could probably only spare $100 to $200 bucks for helping out. Thanks for the space and if you reply I won't be responding back until late in the evenings, ( no computer at work ) or you can call my cell, 757 561 6487. If calling from the southside, you will have to dial the 757 ( don't ask me, it's fukin Sprint ) unless using a cell phone. All others, I'm located in the 757 region. Email is B18Tuner@MSN.COM

Last edited by B18Tuner; 11-18-2002 at 09:13 PM.
Old 11-18-2002, 09:14 PM
B18Tuner
Modified 4 Member

sure thing. Always a first time.
Old 11-19-2002, 01:22 AM
20psi B18c1
holla at ya homies

20psi B18c1 is an unknown quantity at this point

ill be there...we need to get a Helms
Old 11-19-2002, 03:09 AM
speedymon
Hott shit homie

speedymon is an unknown quantity at this point

Fuck that shit. Keep it in the teg body. But just let me know when you doing it. I'm down for coming through and helping you. Are you sure you don't need motor mounts? Is the engine a direct bolt in?
Old 11-19-2002, 05:54 AM
CHAHONDA
corona connessuer

CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA

i just did a swap. put a 95 ls engine in a 92 civic. you do have to get a different motor mount on the lower drivers side. the one that the ac bolts to. you need one off of dohc delsol or a 99-00 civic si. you also need the throttle cable out of the integra also!
the swap you are messing with is an obd2 while the civic is obd1.

you will have to add a 2nd o2 sensor after the cat if you are going to retain the obd2 setup.

i would fix up the teg and look for a ls or a gsr swap out of a 94-95 model. direct plug and play!

no re-wiring is involved.

just my 2 cent. hope it helps!
Old 11-19-2002, 04:34 PM
B18Tuner
Modified 4 Member

As far as the swap goes, I was talkin to the guys at Mill. Auto and they went as far as saying it was a direct swap, BUT in order to get pass the wiring problem and the OBDII, I would have to use a pre 96 distributor and ECU. Other than that, they said it was a direct swap. Am I correct, can anyone confirm this.
Old 11-19-2002, 05:08 PM
BOOSTED M&M
sstsstssstsst

BOOSTED M&M is an unknown quantity at this point

it is a simple swap other than the mounts keep it obd1,little better than obd2,and lot less bull sh*#
Old 11-19-2002, 06:10 PM
CHAHONDA
corona connessuer

CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA

it is not a "direct" fit. i'm sure you will find that out. one thing that no one tells you is that the headers will not bolt to the civic exhaust. the holes are misaligned!! they have to be cut and rewelded.
Old 11-19-2002, 09:27 PM
nolongerhere.
I'm audi5000.

nolongerhere. nolongerhere. nolongerhere. nolongerhere. nolongerhere. nolongerhere. nolongerhere.

only one header
Old 11-20-2002, 05:33 AM
CHAHONDA
corona connessuer

yeah yeah! header/s doesn't sound right!

kinda like moose????

Quick Reply: Need Help with a swap in the 757