Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

'00 audi S4: sending my turbos to blouch for bigger compressor wheels..

Old 05-07-2007, 03:49 AM
audiS4_apr
'08 135i & '00 S4

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
audiS4_apr is on a distinguished road
Default '00 audi S4: sending my turbos to blouch for bigger compressor wheels..

I'm currently removing my K04 turbos so I can ship them to blouch for bigger compressor wheels. The wheels are bigger, and slightly taller (called "extended tip"). Then I'm going up to EPL in CT for dyno tuning. A guy who has this setup dyno'd at 460 & 463whp on 93 octane, and 480whp on 100 octane on EPL's mustang dyno. Some say their dyno reads slightly high but I'll have pretty good numbers either way. Blouch charges $345 per turbo for the machine work and wheel install. These new compressor wheels are slightly larger than RS6 wheels.

http://www.blouchturbo.com/turbos/K0...-Turbo_Custom/

This is EPL's basic fueling kit.
https://www.eplabs.net/shop/product_...products_id=51

If I had to start over with a stock S4 I'd skip buying an off the shelf kit (APR) and go with this setup. Custom tune always beats generic shelf software and this setup would be cheaper overall, not to mention more hp. My car with oem audi K04 turbos dyno'd at something like 341whp/371wtq at dyno inc. last year.

I'm also upgrading to a ceramic hybrid clutch disc while the engine is out, just in case the RS4 clutch won't hold.
Old 05-07-2007, 08:02 AM
Jarrod
braap braap

Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod
Default Re: '00 audi S4: sending my turbos to blouch for bigger compressor wheels..

I never understood why people just don't go get tuned.

I dunno. Generic chips dont work in the honda world.

Congrats.
Old 05-07-2007, 12:15 PM
D.Nick
Registered member

D.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud of
Default Re: '00 audi S4: sending my turbos to blouch for bigger compressor wheels..

Ok so when can I hump your leg?
Old 05-08-2007, 11:29 AM
Boost609
hype-r

Boost609 has a reputation beyond reputeBoost609 has a reputation beyond reputeBoost609 has a reputation beyond reputeBoost609 has a reputation beyond reputeBoost609 has a reputation beyond reputeBoost609 has a reputation beyond reputeBoost609 has a reputation beyond reputeBoost609 has a reputation beyond reputeBoost609 has a reputation beyond reputeBoost609 has a reputation beyond reputeBoost609 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jarrod
I never understood why people just don't go get tuned.

I dunno. Generic chips dont work in the honda world.

Congrats.
Says the guy with an fmu...
Old 05-08-2007, 03:55 PM
Grease Monkey
Registered member

Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey

Originally Posted by Boost609
o shit! o shit!
Old 05-08-2007, 04:32 PM
ritz
Patron

ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz

audiS4_apr I believe you're the guy that has come into my work a couple times (Bap Geon). I talked to you about your car before. It's gorgeous man and I can't wait to see if when you have your new parts installed.

Goodluck!
Old 05-08-2007, 04:44 PM
duglas
Registered Member

duglas has disabled reputation

I think you should do the new GT28R kit from vastperformance.com...

600HP at the wheels..

If I did not go K04 Stage 3 on my S4 or if I blow the turbos I am going GT turbos from vast or ASP for sure...
Old 05-08-2007, 04:52 PM
Jarrod
braap braap

Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod

Originally Posted by Boost609
I don't have a FMU...

Originally Posted by Grease Monkey
o shit! o shit!
Shut your mouth.

My setup > yours.
Right now.
Old 05-08-2007, 05:19 PM
audiS4_apr
'08 135i & '00 S4

Originally Posted by duglas
I think you should do the new GT28R kit from vastperformance.com...

600HP at the wheels..

If I did not go K04 Stage 3 on my S4 or if I blow the turbos I am going GT turbos from vast or ASP for sure...

I spoke with Mike from vast for at least 45 minutes about the kit. He said the hardware would add up to around 11-12k. Unless I misunderstood him, you also need someone to tune it. The ASP kit is more refined for around $13k complete, without labor. Believe me, if I had the money I would be doing a GT kit right now. The good thing is I don't think the blouch turbos will affect reliability of the car as much as gt hp..
Old 05-08-2007, 05:32 PM
audiS4_apr
'08 135i & '00 S4

Originally Posted by ritz
audiS4_apr I believe you're the guy that has come into my work a couple times (Bap Geon). I talked to you about your car before. It's gorgeous man and I can't wait to see if when you have your new parts installed.

Goodluck!
thanks! Hmm, I was just in Bap Geon today (Granby street store). I ordered some inner axle boots and clutch slave cyl from Mark. I'll be in there tomorrow to pick up the parts. Are you the guy who recognized the LMs awhile back? Very few people can recognize them from 50 yrds away. I've been running the stock wheels lately. I had to work over at newport news shipyard for a couple weeks and didn't want to park over there in the pay lots with the bbs's..

My car is torn down right now and the turbos and inlet pipes should be back next week...

Quick Reply: '00 audi S4: sending my turbos to blouch for bigger compressor wheels..