Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Crazy night drag racing @ VMP, Viper wrecks while racing me!

Old 05-17-2004, 09:38 AM
Cobra4B
Fanboi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B
Default Crazy night drag racing @ VMP, Viper wrecks while racing me!

OK, finally got out to the 1/4 mile again since adding headers. I'm happy w/ the results seeing as it was 95 degrees today and only cooled to 85 at night...

First, I accomplished two of my goals...
1. Wanted to run better than a 12.5 (ran a 12.37)
2. Wanted to get under a 2.0 60-ft (1.99 on the above run)

Here's my runs... I was super happy w/ the car, esp considering the weather.
1. 12.535 @ 115.79
2. 12.506 @ 116.31
3. 12.401 @ 116.25
4. 13.760 @ 77.55 (crazy run... more on this later)
5. 12.425 @ 114.38 (left AC on!)
6. 12.372 @ 115.82 (1st round of eliminations, I won)
7. 12.617 @ 115.81 (2nd round... I lost and the margin of victory was .0231 seconds!)

Apparently I have a C6! People at the strip were trying to figure out how the hell I got one early. One guy came up to me as was super impressed that a C6 could run 12.4's... had to explain that it was a Z06!

I felt pround representing Z06s/C5 tonight (I was the only one) People kept comming up asking if I was spraying or what I had done to the motor. Not much just an air filter, headers, and catback. Very shocked people! I even had a kid and his dad come up to me telling me the were rooting for me every run, father was stoked that he could hear me chirping the tires into fourth and the kid loved the car.

OK.... the crazy run. I had just run a 12.401 and came back to the staging lanes. Gee there was a beautiful GTS (black/silver) next to me. I egged him on, "I wanna piece of that!" He had been in line seeing me run a 12.4 (people were talking...) "That's no way near stock!" me, "Just a catback man" him, "Well I'm stock" me, "Dude you've got a V10". So we line up and he does no burnout at all. I did I nice smokey one to heat up the tires (have new one ready!) We staged and I launched at 2300 rpms. I smoked him off the tree and had him by a car through first. I nailed 2nd and put another 1/2 car. I was watching closely for him to start gaining, then I realized he wasn't. "where the hell did the viper go?" I glanced up in my rear view mirror only to see in horror that the GTS was spinning and <b>SLAMMED</b> in to the wall. I felt sick to my stomach and let off the gas (ran that 13.7). My buddy taped it all and after watching it was a great thing I was ahead of him or I could have easily been cought up in it all.

People were in shock... My buddy is going to burn the vid for me and I'll post it as soon as I can ( a few days)

Back to my car... I'm confident I can drive the car to 11's w/ a 1.8 60-ft and some colder weather so I can trap 118+
Old 05-17-2004, 09:40 AM
flow fx
hostgator.com

flow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these parts
Default Re: Crazy night drag racing @ VMP, Viper wrecks while racing me!

That viper wreck left me speechless.

EVERYONE was taking pictures too, you dont usually see a cool race like a Viper vs a Z06.
Old 05-17-2004, 09:42 AM
Brock Obama
Srsly.

Brock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these parts

I'll get the vid for you as soon as I can man. I just have to wait for other people to do their thing. I almost went into convulsions when that Viper wrecked. That is something if I ever see again will be too soon. Good times Brian, at least someone had good luck in the damn heat.
Old 05-17-2004, 09:46 AM
vmspionage
SOI SOI SOI SOI SOI

vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage

The sad part is his insurance probably won't cover the damages and the car is most likely totaled (clown shoe body parts are expensive as hell). Very sad
Old 05-17-2004, 09:48 AM
Brock Obama
Srsly.

Brock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by vmspionage
The sad part is his insurance probably won't cover the damages and the car is most likely totaled (clown shoe body parts are expensive as hell). Very sad
That was one of the first things that came to my mind when it all happened.

Of course after I saw that the driver was okay.
Old 05-17-2004, 09:58 AM
chidoks

chidoks is an unknown quantity at this point

why wont his insurance cover it? he probably has full coverage...
Old 05-17-2004, 10:02 AM
Cobra4B
Fanboi

Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B

I'm an autodamage adjuster. Insurance doesn't cover racing dummy. If fact if you call GECIO they'll ask you if you've got any aftermarket modificatoins. If you say ANYTHING engine related even a CAI or a muffler they won't insure you anymore. Damn fast and furious people are fucking it all up.

That car wasn't anywhere near totaled b/c all the parts where repairable. I stopped and went over the car with him (what I do for a living). The Viper's hood is $16,000 from Dodge, but you can get a used one for about $5,000. BUT, like I said it's all repairable.

If you tell your story right you can get it covered, but mild insurance fraud is up to you. Don't tell them you were racing or at the track. Get the damn thing towed hom on your own bill then figure out what you want to do. If I can't 100% prove you were lying I can't call you out.
Old 05-17-2004, 11:22 AM
Capster78
Registered Member

Capster78 is an unknown quantity at this point

Good numbers. Still gotcha beat! . I would love to run a viper!!!!! Im suprised I havent seen anything on any of the other boards about this yet.
Old 05-17-2004, 11:29 AM
Boosted2003
Banned

Boosted2003 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Cobra4B
I'm an autodamage adjuster. Insurance doesn't cover racing dummy. If fact if you call GECIO they'll ask you if you've got any aftermarket modificatoins. If you say ANYTHING engine related even a CAI or a muffler they won't insure you anymore. Damn fast and furious people are fucking it all up.

That car wasn't anywhere near totaled b/c all the parts where repairable. I stopped and went over the car with him (what I do for a living). The Viper's hood is $16,000 from Dodge, but you can get a used one for about $5,000. BUT, like I said it's all repairable.

If you tell your story right you can get it covered, but mild insurance fraud is up to you. Don't tell them you were racing or at the track. Get the damn thing towed hom on your own bill then figure out what you want to do. If I can't 100% prove you were lying I can't call you out.
Well the one guy did that langley speed with the red camaro. I think he may also be the same guy with black lighting. I do recall him going to jail for period of time for commiting insurance fraud.
Old 05-17-2004, 01:48 PM
lookatmy6
Registered Member

lookatmy6 is an unknown quantity at this point

i was right behind the viper (next to run). I staged really quick so i could catch your run with him. right when i staged i looked up and the viper was sideways in the right lane (started in the left where i was staged). he almost did a full 360 over correcting himself and went straight into the wall. Glad he was okay and especially glad you were out of the way.

Quick Reply: Crazy night drag racing @ VMP, Viper wrecks while racing me!