Notices
NOVA/DC/MD We've expanded our NOVA forum to include the Greater DC Metro area as well as southern Maryland. Come on in and join our community!

Install Viper Alarm 791xv

Old 08-16-2006 | 07:54 AM
xazndragonboyx
Elite Member

xazndragonboyx xazndragonboyx xazndragonboyx xazndragonboyx xazndragonboyx xazndragonboyx xazndragonboyx xazndragonboyx
Default Install Viper Alarm 791xv

Can somebody install the Viper Alarm 791XV? I heard its pretty hard so i dont want to attempt it. Please Help Me! and if you can do it tell me the price. Thanks
Old 08-16-2006 | 10:33 AM
EH3_SOHC
for alarms/rmt-strts

EH3_SOHC has disabled reputation
Default Re: Install Viper Alarm 791xv

i would do it for 100 but i dont think you want to drive to norfolk
Old 08-16-2006 | 11:04 AM
xazndragonboyx
Elite Member

xazndragonboyx xazndragonboyx xazndragonboyx xazndragonboyx xazndragonboyx xazndragonboyx xazndragonboyx xazndragonboyx

no thats to far thanks tho. oh yeah i forgot to say i got a Honda Civic Hatchback 92 Manual. to give you an idea of how hard or easy it would be. thanks
Old 08-17-2006 | 08:14 AM
Need 2 B Lower
Mini Trucker.

Need 2 B Lower Need 2 B Lower Need 2 B Lower Need 2 B Lower Need 2 B Lower Need 2 B Lower Need 2 B Lower Need 2 B Lower Need 2 B Lower Need 2 B Lower Need 2 B Lower

are you doing the remote start. its just the same to install as any other alarm/remote start. If your confident in your wiring go for it. Just find all of your connections first before you start.
Old 08-17-2006 | 09:42 AM
xazndragonboyx
Elite Member

i was reading the instruction booklet and it seemed pretty easy but it said in bold lettering "only let a certified installer do it something like that becasue i heard if you fuck up your car will not start and circut city will do it for 180 but thats kinda high for me becasue my friend was going to do it for free but he left for school so if anybdoy can do it for me please let me know thanks
Old 08-17-2006 | 03:05 PM
Boxer4PSI
Patron

Boxer4PSI has disabled reputation

You won't get the remote start feature if your car is a manual. In order for remote start to work correctly with a manual car, you have to disable the safety switch (I don't think thats the right name for the part, but everyone here knows who has a remote start with manuals knows what I'm talking about). But if you disable that part, then you don't have to push the clutch in to start the car.

Disabling that part is illegal, and any professional MECP tech who does it risks losing their certification for doing it. The only way you can get remote start on a manual is if you do it yourself or get someone who knows a thing or two about it to do it. I wouldn't recommend it though. Parking/e-brakes are weak as hell these days, and if you park on a decent hill and only use a parking brake instead of putting the car in gear & using the parking brake, you risk that thing rolling on you.
Old 08-17-2006 | 03:17 PM
xazndragonboyx
Elite Member

yeah i heard i know im not suppose to leave it in gear and auto start it or it will fly! lol but alot of my friends have it on there cars and my friend who knows how to do it was suppose to do it for me but he went to california for school so im f***ed now but i know people out there they know how to do it.. and i think that if they just hook up everything and make everything work except for that wire they have to bypass the clutch with they can tell me what to do so they dont have to lose there certification and ill jsut do that last part myself. then it would be my fault you know? not theres i just know there are people out there that know how to do it and hopefully i find one that can so i can get my alarm on my honda before it gets JACKED!!! lol
Old 08-18-2006 | 05:12 PM
Need 2 B Lower
Mini Trucker.

Need 2 B Lower Need 2 B Lower Need 2 B Lower Need 2 B Lower Need 2 B Lower Need 2 B Lower Need 2 B Lower Need 2 B Lower Need 2 B Lower Need 2 B Lower Need 2 B Lower

There is a way to do remote start on a manual correctly and safely. But unless you good with wiring i would not attempt it. You need to bypass the clutch only when remote starting, otherwise you would never need the clutch to start like boxer said...So.... the viper has a wire that sends a ground pulse when it is attempting to remote start. Wire that wire to a relay and the relay to the clutch switch, this way the clutch is only bypassed when remote starting. That, combined with a neutral safety switch makes it perfectly safe to install remote start on a manual vehicle.

The first alarm i ever installed was the 791, I was confident with my wiring capabilities so I just took my time and double checked everything. Alarm and remote start worked perfectly first try, and still is working perfectly two years later.
Old 08-18-2006 | 11:55 PM
intialEK4
funkbishes gethoney!

intialEK4 has a little shameless behaviour in the past

i wish i still lived in nova i wouldve done it for you. butyea. remstarts on manuals are illegal and pointless if you've had it jump adn mess up your lip for it but i had it on my car.

manual locks will require door actuators one for each door which many poeple charge a lot for since its a hassle to do. i know a lotta guys who do it on the side. PM me gluck
Old 08-19-2006 | 09:49 PM
Need 2 B Lower
Mini Trucker.

Door lock actuators are not hard to install. And the 791 comes with the 451m lock relay, so thats all the wiring he needs. And remote start is not pointless on a manual vehicle, just becuase you have a manual vehicle its pointless to have it remotely warmed up in the winter? I agree that 95% of manual vehicles probably have it installed wrong, but like I said before, if its done right, its completely safe.