Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Misc D16Z6 questions

Old 06-17-2003, 07:40 PM
gear
Die reinste Bösen.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
gear gear gear gear gear gear gear gear gear gear gear
Default Misc D16Z6 questions

okay i am open to suggestions, comments, and answers... here are my questions

1) if I got an aftermarket increased size throttlebody, or intake manifold, would this stuff basically be useless when i go turbo?

2) are there some other honda stuff i can get off of another engine that will fit, and give me more hp? ie: 96-up gsr intake manifold...

3) have you seen any nasty built SOHC engines? i'd like an engine swap but it doesnt seem fesiable for the simple fact it is my transportation and working almost every day at a different time, i couldnt work with the down time.

4) if i did do an engine swap, what would be your suggestion? my car is 94 coupe ex.. so you know what engine bay im working with. now if i werent going to go with another engine should i just go for a crazy turbo build?

thanks for info, im at the crossroads right now and trying to figure out which way i should go... but ive already decided my exterior apperance because thats what needs fixing first.
Old 06-17-2003, 08:56 PM
sprayedcivic
On One Wheel

sprayedcivic has disabled reputation

(1) it can still be used
(2)you can get other honda parts but a b series (gsr) will not fit d series
(3)yes there are several decently fast sohc motors on this board
(4)gsr motor is nice and so is a h22 it is all in what you want and more importantly what you can afford
Old 06-17-2003, 09:06 PM
gear
Die reinste Bösen.

thanks for your help sprayedcivic,
for 2nd question, does anybody know what parts from other hondas would be a good suggestion to put on? and for 3rd question who are some of the guys on the board with some sweet sohc engines?
Old 06-17-2003, 09:55 PM
sk8rmike
Bitches get Stitches

sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike

you can find a nice b20 TB. 4mm larger over your stock TB and bolts right up. you have to port match your intake mani though. z6's have a lot of potential. if you want a good streetable (and cheap to work on) motor i would keep the D. put a little boost on it and you'll be pleased.
Old 06-17-2003, 10:02 PM
gear
Die reinste Bösen.

thanks mike made my D D D Day
Old 06-19-2003, 06:50 PM
sprayedcivic
On One Wheel

take a set of 1.5 pistons and put in there and it will increase your compression ratio like sk8r said use a b series throttle body and there are several people with decent sohc motors
you just have to talk to people to finsd out who has what besides that i know two right off hand
(1) me
(2) gean ( i think thats how you spell it)
just search the net the possibilities are endless
Old 06-19-2003, 10:05 PM
gear
Die reinste Bösen.

thanks, ive already began hunting for new TB and working on low compression pistons and a custom turbo build :-D
Old 06-19-2003, 10:56 PM
sk8rmike
Bitches get Stitches

sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike

for some badass low cost rods you can look into getting a set of forged toyota pistons. you'll have to look around because i forgot exactly what motor they came out of, but i've heard abunch of people have used them and pushed over 1 bar on 'em w/ no probs. you can also use LS rods, but i believe you have to get the bottom of your block notched for clearance w/ those....lol anything but the stock z6 rods. they are only about as wide as a sharpie marker. no seriously. =P
Old 06-19-2003, 10:58 PM
sprayedcivic
On One Wheel

if your doing a home made turbo build save your self some money and use a hf manifold(found on the crx) to make the turbo manifold adapter plates are readly available and it will save u a decent amount of money
if your going turbo do not use the 1.5 pistons due to the fact that they will raise your compression
Old 06-20-2003, 08:22 AM
gear
Die reinste Bösen.

thanks, is there a recommended fuel pump and injector setup? i know sk8ermike told me yesterday that one off of another (certain car, but i cant recall which one off the top of my head) car will stick right in...

Last edited by gear; 06-20-2003 at 10:10 AM.

Quick Reply: Misc D16Z6 questions