Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

99 Avenger trans went out, need mechanic to fix..anyone?

Old 08-29-2006, 04:28 AM
Royalty
Luxury = Love

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Royalty Royalty Royalty Royalty Royalty Royalty Royalty Royalty Royalty Royalty Royalty
Default 99 Avenger trans went out, need mechanic to fix..anyone?

This is for a friend of mine. She has a V6 avenger and her trans just hit 100k and like Chrysler clockwork, it died.

She is stuck in 2nd (this may be limp mode but preparing for the worse) and is scared because it redlines just getting to work.

Who here can fix it or replace it?

Please PM me.
Old 08-29-2006, 04:35 AM
Focal E46
Jesus bilt my hotrod

Focal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these parts
Default Re: 99 Avenger trans went out, need mechanic to fix..anyone?

Auto or mans?
Old 08-29-2006, 12:16 PM
RandomTask
Registered member

RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask

Originally Posted by Focal XIV
Auto or mans?
I think it would be safe to say its an auto trans
Old 08-29-2006, 05:19 PM
Bandit
Who's this guy?

Bandit has a reputation beyond reputeBandit has a reputation beyond reputeBandit has a reputation beyond reputeBandit has a reputation beyond reputeBandit has a reputation beyond reputeBandit has a reputation beyond reputeBandit has a reputation beyond reputeBandit has a reputation beyond reputeBandit has a reputation beyond repute

yeah...dont know if they changed anything for 99, but you could only get a v6 in an auto

check your sensors and module on the tranny. im sure it's probably a different tranny than the auto 4 cyl, but there is a module on the 4 cyl, that i've had to tighten up on a few of my neighbors eclipses...they've been having random issues with thier car bogging down, or getting stuck in a gear. the module itself was loose and you could grab it and move it around.
Old 08-29-2006, 09:33 PM
BottleFedVenge
Registered Member

BottleFedVenge is an unknown quantity at this point

Its in limp mode, sounds like a speed sensor to me. There are two of them one of them is an input the other an output. They're about 17 bucks a piece at NAPA. Just replace them both. More then likely its your output your TCM put it in limp mode when the sensor went out. One other thing it could be is the shift solenoid but only way your going to be able to find that out is to take it to autozone and get it scanned.

If you want me to replace them for you let me know its easy stuff since i have a avenger myself..

Any other questions pm me ill help you out..

Last edited by BottleFedVenge; 08-29-2006 at 09:38 PM.
Old 08-30-2006, 04:02 PM
Royalty
Luxury = Love

Royalty Royalty Royalty Royalty Royalty Royalty Royalty Royalty Royalty Royalty Royalty

awesome thanks guys, i'll look into it