Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

what to do about my helmet

Old 10-15-2004, 08:20 AM
onepointone
ASE Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
onepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud of
Default what to do about my helmet

i was at vmp last night. i was pulling in the the staging lanes because i was running my bike, and stupid ass me, i had my helmet sitting on my mirror (it was DEFINATELY secure. the lighting was weird and i couldnt see that all the lanes except 2 had the white chains up and i ran right into that shit. well it came up over my wind screen and caught my helmet and i watched that thing just bounce down the road. it sucked so hardcore. it didnt really do anything to my bike, i think i got a few scratches on the windscreen, but my helmet sucks WAY worse. it messed it up pretty good. thankfully i didnt have my expensive ass visor on since it was dark when i left.

anyways, to the point. the helmet cost me ~$230. its the scorpion exo. i LOVE the helmet, and its too expensive to make a passanger one. is there anywhere that can paint it for me? somewhere so it wont cost me more than a new helmet?

... IIMMMM PPPIISSSSSSSED

oh yea, sorry i cant remember your name, but i saw the guy with that sick ass blue accord. all i have to say it "wow"
Old 10-15-2004, 08:31 AM
Carter
nannerpus, nannerpus

Carter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these parts
Default Re: what to do about my helmet

oh, you were the one who ran into the chain? ouch.
Old 10-15-2004, 08:34 AM
Jesus
Patron

Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus

Originally Posted by onepointone
i was at vmp last night. i was pulling in the the staging lanes because i was running my bike, and stupid ass me, i had my helmet sitting on my mirror (it was DEFINATELY secure. the lighting was weird and i couldnt see that all the lanes except 2 had the white chains up and i ran right into that shit. well it came up over my wind screen and caught my helmet and i watched that thing just bounce down the road. it sucked so hardcore. it didnt really do anything to my bike, i think i got a few scratches on the windscreen, but my helmet sucks WAY worse. it messed it up pretty good. thankfully i didnt have my expensive ass visor on since it was dark when i left.

anyways, to the point. the helmet cost me ~$230. its the scorpion exo. i LOVE the helmet, and its too expensive to make a passanger one. is there anywhere that can paint it for me? somewhere so it wont cost me more than a new helmet?

... IIMMMM PPPIISSSSSSSED

oh yea, sorry i cant remember your name, but i saw the guy with that sick ass blue accord. all i have to say it "wow"
Sorry to say this but you might have to get another one.
Old 10-15-2004, 08:38 AM
CBR600F4
Va Beach Coast Rider

CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4

Originally Posted by Jesus
Sorry to say this but you might have to get another one.
It's not a might in his case............................

Onepointone: if you saw it bouncing down the road the last thing you should be worried about is the paint on it. More than likely it's cracked/spiderwebbed all to hell. Which means if your head is in it and you wreck it will just shatter instead of protecting to your head.

You can try and have it x-rayed somehow..................but it would be much easier to just buy a new one.
Old 10-15-2004, 08:43 AM
onepointone
ASE Master

onepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud of

damn... ill be pissed if that helmet is trashed. i looked it over last night at the scratches, and i didnt see anything besides scratches.

if i can save it im going to save it. i know its a safety thing and all, but i dont have money spewing out of my ass to buy another $230 helmet right now, and i hate the way the other $100 helmets feel
Old 10-15-2004, 08:44 AM
Jesus
Patron

Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus

damn... ill be pissed if that helmet is trashed. i looked it over last night at the scratches, and i didnt see anything besides scratches
post a pic
Old 10-15-2004, 08:50 AM
Chino
Your Kneegrow

Chino has disabled reputation

a helmet should only be dropped once then replaced. its your head we're talking about here, is it not worth another 250$?
Old 10-15-2004, 08:59 AM
onepointone
ASE Master

yall make it seem like helmets are so fragile. have you ever seen one shatter because it was dropped? im not doubting yall at all, dont get me wrong, but it just seems like they shouldnt be trashed because it was dropped. it makes me feel not safe if they are that weak.
Old 10-15-2004, 09:30 AM
Del La Sol 1320
Registered Member

Del La Sol 1320 has disabled reputation

the helmet industry rule of thumb is anything higher than a knee high drop it needs to be replaced, i'm sure this is over kill on their part but sounds like your drop more than exceeded that standard... from your experience at VIR sounds like scorpion has good customer service, i'd call them and see if they can look at it for you, they might be willing to replace it much cheaper than $230 to keep a customer

if you decide to keep using it its not certain death, but when it comes to my brain i'll take every last fraction of protection regardless of cost

oh the guy with the accord is Derron(DLB1994)
Old 10-15-2004, 10:42 AM
Chino
Your Kneegrow

Chino has disabled reputation

yall make it seem like helmets are so fragile. have you ever seen one shatter because it was dropped? im not doubting yall at all, dont get me wrong, but it just seems like they shouldnt be trashed because it was dropped. it makes me feel not safe if they are that weak.

its not a matter of shattering that you should be scared of. its the cracking and the integrity of the helmet that you should be aware of. a small crack on a helmet could be determine life or death on a crash. like i said, its your head that you're protecting, specially if you're not sure of the condition of the helmet. if there's no way to check its integrity, why risk it? ride hard, but ride safe

Quick Reply: what to do about my helmet