Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Fire Department...

Old 04-29-2007 | 11:27 PM
Kana
13.5:1 Poor Mans R

Kana has disabled reputation
Default Fire Department...

I was just wondering if anyone had the hook up with the FD. Im looking at either Yorktown or Newport News. If u have any questions or whatnot, just PM me and we will go from there. Thanks in advance!

Sean
Old 04-30-2007 | 08:15 AM
Tool Man
Registered Member

Tool Man has disabled reputation
Default Re: Fire Department...

Best advice I can give is to apply everywhere and take the first place that hires you. If you still want York County or Newport News, keep applying there. If you're hired somewhere else and trained, it will make you look even better to the localities you want.
Old 04-30-2007 | 09:04 AM
Kana

Originally Posted by Tool Man
Best advice I can give is to apply everywhere and take the first place that hires you. If you still want York County or Newport News, keep applying there. If you're hired somewhere else and trained, it will make you look even better to the localities you want.

Yea i was going to do that anyways just so my foots in the door. I was also thinkin about taking some EMT classes at Thomas Nelson. Im sure anything will help me get in but idk yet.

Any advice is welcome!
Old 04-30-2007 | 09:09 AM
F4Fresh
Ammo Pusher

F4Fresh F4Fresh F4Fresh F4Fresh F4Fresh F4Fresh F4Fresh F4Fresh F4Fresh F4Fresh F4Fresh

I was planning on applying to the VBFD but they arn't accepting applications for this year =/

Maybe next year
Old 04-30-2007 | 09:13 AM
Kana

Originally Posted by F4Fresh
I was planning on applying to the VBFD but they arn't accepting applications for this year =/

Maybe next year
U could always do volenteer just so u have something under youre belt.

I know NN doesnt do the whole volenteer thing.
Old 04-30-2007 | 09:28 AM
91 Hatch
SSSSSVT

91 Hatch 91 Hatch 91 Hatch 91 Hatch 91 Hatch 91 Hatch 91 Hatch 91 Hatch 91 Hatch 91 Hatch 91 Hatch

NNFD is the lowest paid as of now. PFD is starting at 52K a year
Old 04-30-2007 | 09:37 AM
Kana

Originally Posted by 91 Hatch
NNFD is the lowest paid as of now. PFD is starting at 52K a year
Well i really just wanna get in the door right now and get out of my current job. I have always wanted to join and now is the time i need to join. Anything is better than what im doing now, i still live a home so i dont need to pay rent and what not. I need to move out but i cant until i get a good paying job and get stable.
Old 04-30-2007 | 09:41 AM
MORE IMPATIENT
DESTROYS DONUTS !!

MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT

portsmouth is paying really good cause they are in super duper need to attract all the people to come and run ems, for the first couple years as a rookie your ass will be on the ambulance the whole time. I personally didnt get into the fire department to run ems but it is pretty much like that everywhere nowadays except for vb, and even they first respond to ems calls. A few of my friends got into portsmouth and newport news last year and they basically hate it cause they do nothing but run 15-20 ems calls a shift, all day long and stay awake on red bull and cigarrettes. I am pretty much over running on the ambulance and have been for a while, so if your wanting to get into the fire department to run on the engines and fight fires, dont get your hopes too high. Granted you will run fire's, but being a newby, youll be running a whole lot of ems calls and probably be on one whenever a good structure fire gets paged out. I also will be applying to vb when it comes around again, but they are incredibly hard to get into. Alot of people in the surrounding city's want to be working for vb and they apply and get hired before the passing occupants do, cause their already certified and the city doesnt have to pay to train them, and most of the are really experienced so they usually get the positions first, but it surely would be nice to get hired in vb.
Old 04-30-2007 | 09:43 AM
bseriesbenny
kosher jew

bseriesbenny is infamous around these partsbseriesbenny is infamous around these partsbseriesbenny is infamous around these partsbseriesbenny is infamous around these partsbseriesbenny is infamous around these partsbseriesbenny is infamous around these partsbseriesbenny is infamous around these partsbseriesbenny is infamous around these partsbseriesbenny is infamous around these partsbseriesbenny is infamous around these partsbseriesbenny is infamous around these parts

im actually going this afternoon to take ches's agility test....i have been applying for a while and currently vol rescue for the beach....my best advice like everyone else is to try anywhere and everywhere....we recently got a new fire guy at one of my stations who has come all the way from cal. and had been trying the laast 10 years to get on somewhere....it doesnt happen just like that. its a waiting game. so try anywhere.
Old 04-30-2007 | 09:47 AM
Kana

Originally Posted by bseriesbenny
im actually going this afternoon to take ches's agility test....i have been applying for a while and currently vol rescue for the beach....my best advice like everyone else is to try anywhere and everywhere....we recently got a new fire guy at one of my stations who has come all the way from cal. and had been trying the laast 10 years to get on somewhere....it doesnt happen just like that. its a waiting game. so try anywhere.
Thanks Guys!

Quick Reply: Fire Department...