Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

test pipe?

Old 05-10-2003, 02:29 PM
AztecRcr
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AztecRcr is an unknown quantity at this point
Default test pipe?

does anyone have a test pipe installed? i'm about to put my jdm dc header on and want to get rid of the cat. but i've been told that it will sound raspy w/ the test pipe. now i'm not one who likes sounded ricey so need to know who's got one and how it sounds.
Old 05-10-2003, 04:56 PM
sk8rmike
Bitches get Stitches

sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike

yeah, i've got one. your exhaust will get MUCH louder in any part of the powerband. i also picked up a sort of resonation inside my car. i definitely felt a big power gain though.
Old 05-11-2003, 05:43 AM
yeer
aznRay...

yeer is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking

well it depends also with the rest of your exhaust. like if u have the apexi n1 or something along with the testpipe, geez, its going to be loud.

if u dont want it be soo loud i would keep your bpipe of your exhaust and switch mufflers. like a mugen twinloop or itr axleback.

im running header with a 2.5 collector with gutted cat and stock itr bpipe and axleback and it sounds stock.

ill be running a different header, testpipe, different bpipe and stock itr axleback pretty soon, i was told it should be pretty quiet.
Old 05-11-2003, 07:58 AM
Flite
HHIC

Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite

I have a test pipe on mine along with HKS exhaust. It's kinda loud but it sounds fucking sick. Very Ferrari like.
Old 05-12-2003, 03:33 AM
AztecRcr
Banned

how does it smell though? i've heard that shit gives off a nasty smell.

and where did you guys get the test pipe?
for now i'm gonna make my own and see how that goes.
Old 05-12-2003, 05:28 AM
Flite
HHIC

Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite

Mine doesn't stink...I've heard that some cars do though....they smell like eggs or something. My car is overly rich at idol so it smell like gas a little but thats it.
Old 05-12-2003, 05:50 AM
nickyroo
~

nickyroo has disabled reputation

ive got a test pipe on my prelude behind my dc sports 4-2-1 and it didnt want to match up to the stock exhaust right. i ended up having to spend a lot of time underneath the car replacing exhaust gaskets and it still sounds raspy as hell. there was definitely a power gain especially when i was using the juice but to me that sound is just annoying as shit and not worth it. now ive got to drill/torch the bolts out of my stock cat to get it back in so i can sell the lude
Old 05-31-2003, 02:36 AM
AztecRcr
Banned

damn just drove my car a while ago. holy shit. that shit is kicking. i've been out to sea for 3 weeks and had the header installed while i was gone. i spoke to my boy and he said it was much faster. well i drove it today and there is a big difference. the only thing wrong w/ the no cat setup is that it's loud as shit and almost has a raspy sound. a little to ricer for me. but i'll be putting the silencer back on to see if that helps.