Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Look What I Found

Old 06-07-2012 | 03:26 PM
1PhatLS
Sick-N-Twisted

1PhatLS 1PhatLS 1PhatLS 1PhatLS 1PhatLS 1PhatLS 1PhatLS 1PhatLS 1PhatLS 1PhatLS
Default Look What I Found

Is that a V6 teg I see? Why yes it is, but wait, is that an automatic transmission with tip tronic capabilities? I guess that explains the paddle shifters on the steering wheel....

Ground clearance with a dummy tire on the drivers side and an unknown temp suspension setup so the car can support weight.

Driver Side Frame Rail Clearance, but it does not touch, close but no cigar

Old 06-07-2012 | 04:23 PM
TongWoo
BATTLESTAGS

TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo
Default Re: Look What I Found

So what's for sale?
Old 06-18-2012 | 03:24 AM
Yep4doors
2doors plus 2.

Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors

Not sure what thread is about?
Old 06-18-2012 | 04:16 AM
HatefulMechanic
The Pro to call.

HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic

While I applaud the work going into this....it is on the same intelligence level as V8 S10's.
Old 06-18-2012 | 05:43 PM
VanillaThrilla
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

My leg itches.
Old 06-19-2012 | 06:33 AM
TNGChris
Registered member

TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris

Originally Posted by HatefulMechanic
While I applaud the work going into this....it is on the same intelligence level as V8 S10's.
As in put a big engine in a smaller/lighter chassis?Makes sense to me,to an extent,although making a Honda fast kind of seems counterintuitive to me anymore.

There was a J powered Civic hatch at ITR Expo last year.It hauled ass,but the owner said he had done everything he could to get the car to turn better and he couldn't get it anywhere close to how it handled with the B series engine.Not only is the engine heavier,but a big part of the weight hangs in front of the axle,so it biases the weight even further.

This reminds me of Billy Bobbin V8 S10s:
Old 06-19-2012 | 06:41 AM
HatefulMechanic
The Pro to call.

HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic

Originally Posted by TNGChris
As in put a big engine in a smaller/lighter chassis?Makes sense to me,to an extent,although making a Honda fast kind of seems counterintuitive to me anymore.

There was a J powered Civic hatch at ITR Expo last year.It hauled ass,but the owner said he had done everything he could to get the car to turn better and he couldn't get it anywhere close to how it handled with the B series engine.Not only is the engine heavier,but a big part of the weight hangs in front of the axle,so it biases the weight even further.

This reminds me of Billy Bobbin V8 S10s:
Larger engine in a smaller chassis is one thing.

Stupid weight distribution is another.

Yeah, you can make an S10 hook with the right suspension. But 99% of them are nothing more than stupid tire shredders.
Old 06-19-2012 | 06:47 AM
HatefulMechanic
The Pro to call.

Rick Dobbertin stupid power is one thing, but this is NOT that.

For the kiddies who have no clue whom I am referring to, Rick Dobbertin is a legitimate insane man who has huffed way, way too much polishing compound over the span of his life.

Old 06-27-2012 | 05:52 PM
Yep4doors
2doors plus 2.

Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors

What is the intent of this car? Drag, track, cruiser, just to do something different. A story behind why this thread came to be would intrigue me very much.
Old 06-27-2012 | 05:55 PM
TATTRAT
WEEEEEEEEEEE

TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT

I guess I just don't get it/see the interest. Sure, the other cars posted are like Jesus Christ, wtf, damn. . . but the OP is just like Ok, a 6cyl in a honda. Big deal. With no numbers, it's all just another swap.

Quick Reply: Look What I Found