Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

rb26

Old 09-05-2006, 03:13 AM
ghostracing
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ghostracing has disabled reputation
Default rb26

so im new to this forum but ive been on others out there for quite some time ----does anyone here know about 240sx---and the rb swaps---if so im getting ready to do one---but through my research the biggest thing is that u need a rb25--- i talked to someone the other day and they said that to use the rb26 is stronger---but something about welding the output shaft on the trans --and transfer case??? anyone kno about this
Old 09-05-2006, 03:24 AM
Fobby
Classified Moderator

Fobby Fobby Fobby Fobby Fobby Fobby Fobby Fobby Fobby Fobby Fobby
Default Re: rb26

rb25 oil pan on the rb26....among other things
Old 09-05-2006, 03:28 AM
bZeRk187
Registered member

bZeRk187 is infamous around these partsbZeRk187 is infamous around these partsbZeRk187 is infamous around these partsbZeRk187 is infamous around these partsbZeRk187 is infamous around these partsbZeRk187 is infamous around these partsbZeRk187 is infamous around these partsbZeRk187 is infamous around these partsbZeRk187 is infamous around these partsbZeRk187 is infamous around these partsbZeRk187 is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by ghostracing
so im new to this forum but ive been on others out there for quite some time
Welcome.

does anyone here know about 240sx
Plenty.

and the rb swaps
Yup.

if so im getting ready to do one
rad.

but through my research the biggest thing is that u need a rb25
Why?

i talked to someone the other day and they said that to use the rb26 is stronger
OK......

but something about welding the output shaft on the trans --and transfer case??? anyone kno about this
Why are you worried about transmission and t-case mods? Do you even have an RB26?
Old 09-05-2006, 03:45 AM
Fobby
Classified Moderator

Fobby Fobby Fobby Fobby Fobby Fobby Fobby Fobby Fobby Fobby Fobby

i do hehehe
Old 09-05-2006, 08:31 AM
Stillpushin
Blow Me

Stillpushin is an unknown quantity at this point

good luck
Old 09-05-2006, 08:53 AM
Spindrift
psycho jungle cat

Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift

If you're asking these kinds of questions then its already over your head. You need to do more research, and before you start off with how cheap it seems, theres more to it than just an SR swap.
Old 09-05-2006, 08:57 AM
NEO_WRX
Japanese Disease

NEO_WRX NEO_WRX NEO_WRX NEO_WRX NEO_WRX NEO_WRX NEO_WRX NEO_WRX NEO_WRX NEO_WRX NEO_WRX

pm biggentplayer. he can get you in touch with someone who is very knowledgeable about the necessary components for the swap(he already did it) and he is also a distributor who can get you any of the parts you need.
Old 09-05-2006, 11:57 AM
Hodo
Registered Member

Hodo has disabled reputation

To save you money let me ask these questions before you start.

1 What are you looking to do with the car? Drag, Drift, or Autocross?

2 How much are you willing to spend?

3 Have you ever done any serrious engine work before?

Pure and simple if you are doing an engine swap like this you think having a RB26DETT in your car will make you fast, nope. If you are looking to build a fast 1/4mile 240SX then stick with the KA24DE and turbo charge it, its cheaper and can make some nasty power. And if it blows, go to a junk yard and snag another for 500bucks. A SR20DET is a drift engine, not a real great engine for making mad power but still respectable. But if it blows you will have to order a new one from Japan and we are talking money. The RB26DETT, great engine but expect to pay close to 10Gs for the swap, this is if you buy the engine harness and all components needed and outscource the work. Probly cut that down to closer to 7K if you do the work yourself. But when dealing with Japanese engines you get what you paid for. If you pay 1500 for a used RB26DETT then you will get a crap engine, if you pay 5K for one you will get a solid engine. Also remember both the RB and the SR engines you will have a hard time finding replacement parts for them in the US, and the fact that the engines are no longer produced makes it even harder to find parts every year.

BTW you dont need the transfer case for a swap on the 240SX, you wont be able to convert it to AWD without spending some big money. And if you spend that much just buy a damn R33 and import it.
Old 09-05-2006, 11:59 AM
(F-)
you suck, i know it

(F-) (F-) (F-) (F-) (F-) (F-) (F-) (F-) (F-) (F-) (F-)

cliff notes

GENERALLY, i cost 10-15k to put a 26 in a 240
Old 09-05-2006, 12:37 PM
Zero
That's not gone well

Zero has much to be proud ofZero has much to be proud ofZero has much to be proud ofZero has much to be proud ofZero has much to be proud ofZero has much to be proud ofZero has much to be proud ofZero has much to be proud ofZero has much to be proud ofZero has much to be proud ofZero has much to be proud of

Remember, you'll still have to upgrade the turbos/internals/fuel/etc if you want to make BIG power. If your goal is under 400, go KA-T and you'll still have some money leftover, plus enough torque. If you ARE serious about the 26, do some reading on aussie and uk skyline forums, and try to get an R33 or R34 engine. The R32 rb crankshaft oil drive is too short and can cause oil pump problems.

Quick Reply: rb26