Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

Wave or Point?

Old 04-29-2004, 08:38 AM
Mr.6
Chillaxin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mr.6 Mr.6 Mr.6 Mr.6 Mr.6
Default Wave or Point?

When i took my MRC class, it was filled with people who already ride bikes, i was the only who had never even sat on one. Anyhow, i was talkin with this one guy, and he was telling me about how all bikers wave to one and other. I was like "Yeah i know, its to show a link, that you go through the same thing the other guy goes through, that you share something." He said though, over time, he learned that the wave was kinda a weak thing to do, that the thing that is done now is to point slightly towards the ground in front of another rider.

Im curious to see what it is that you all do: wave or point?
Old 04-29-2004, 08:41 AM
Chris G.
STi Round I

Chris G. Chris G. Chris G. Chris G. Chris G. Chris G. Chris G. Chris G. Chris G. Chris G. Chris G.
Default Re: Wave or Point?

point!
Old 04-29-2004, 09:12 AM
00lude
"Without Limit"

00lude is an unknown quantity at this point

Point, as if to say "keep your wheels down". As in, no wrecks, no rolls, no lay downs.
Old 04-29-2004, 09:28 AM
_____
_______

_____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____

yup point down and to the side
Old 04-29-2004, 09:46 AM
Del La Sol 1320
Registered Member

Del La Sol 1320 has disabled reputation

i just extend my hand in their direction, don't give much thought about what i'm actually doing w/ it, but i think i usually do a "peace" symbol type thing like i usually would if i saw someone i knew driving past in a car, you know, just pointer and middle finger kinda up more than the other fingers, not super gangster and not a big V like i'm a hippy or richard nixon or anything

also that way if they don't return the wave all i do is drop the pointer finger and give them a big middle finger... some people just don't see you, but sometimes they'll look at you, see you wave, and just keep looking forward in a purposeful display of disrespect, thats when i make it obvious they are getting the finger... and its usually the harley guys, or old guys on cruisers who think they are on harleys
Old 04-29-2004, 09:59 AM
Tonka Toy
2004 Danceoff Champ

Tonka Toy Tonka Toy Tonka Toy Tonka Toy Tonka Toy Tonka Toy Tonka Toy Tonka Toy Tonka Toy Tonka Toy Tonka Toy

I do the "biker wave" when I'm riding. I usually point my finger or just point my hand down as I ride by. I do notice that alot of the Harley guys won't wave back. That's pretty shady.
Old 04-29-2004, 06:09 PM
zappas
been around awhile.

zappas zappas zappas zappas zappas zappas zappas zappas zappas zappas zappas

Originally Posted by Del La Sol 1320
i just extend my hand in their direction, don't give much thought about what i'm actually doing w/ it, but i think i usually do a "peace" symbol type thing like i usually would if i saw someone i knew driving past in a car, you know, just pointer and middle finger kinda up more than the other fingers, not super gangster and not a big V like i'm a hippy or richard nixon or anything

also that way if they don't return the wave all i do is drop the pointer finger and give them a big middle finger... some people just don't see you, but sometimes they'll look at you, see you wave, and just keep looking forward in a purposeful display of disrespect, thats when i make it obvious they are getting the finger... and its usually the harley guys, or old guys on cruisers who think they are on harleys
sounds like we do the same thing, haha.
Old 04-29-2004, 06:26 PM
IthinkI1
Doin' it

IthinkI1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Del La Sol 1320

Same here. Oh by the way, that battery for my F4i was $120ish.>_<

Hey, it works now though.
Old 04-29-2004, 07:07 PM
Del La Sol 1320
Registered Member

Del La Sol 1320 has disabled reputation

when did you buy it?... they were 99.99$ but last week Honda had a major price up date on 90% of their parts and the batteries are now up to 113.99$ before tax, but Motorcycle Stuff still sells them for 99 for future reference, and its the exact same battery, just doesn't come in a honda box
Old 04-30-2004, 06:31 AM
CBR600F4
Va Beach Coast Rider

CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4

MOST; not all, Harley riders will only wave to other Harley riders.............it's the whole made in America thing. But I still wave to ALL bikers.

I just point two fingers out. I think riders have their own specific, unique thing that they do to wave.

Quick Reply: Wave or Point?