Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

1990 Acura Integra - Idle Issues

Old 02-02-2007 | 03:37 PM
incucrash
Registered Member

incucrash has disabled reputation
Default 1990 Acura Integra - Idle Issues

Hello, an Acura Integra of my brothers is having some idle problems, we were told the IAC is probably the main culprit, well, we removed it, brake cleaned it out, let it dry, and put it back in, at first it seemed to work (For about 30 seconds)

The rpm went from about 1000rpm to 3000rpm, and then it drops sudden to about 2000rpm and goes back to 3000rpm, it wont stop this unless it's in gear and actually driving, even if you throw it in manual going 55 mph, it'll do the same thing, gets kind of annoying

So in order from the easiest/cheapest fix, can people list common fixes?

I read about TPS Sensor (not sure where it's at)

The engine is a B20 swap, and from what I can tell, the old intake manifold, so I'm wondering if that could be a problem as well..

Anyways, thanks in advance
Old 02-02-2007 | 11:53 PM
nutsandbolts
Registered Member

nutsandbolts has disabled reputation
Default Re: 1990 Acura Integra - Idle Issues

if the IAC motor has a bleed valve on it open it up while its running to make sure there is no air inside of it...

should be a little hex screw on top of it.

if not the TPS should be on the opposite side of the throttle cables unplug that and see if it changes ....
Old 02-03-2007 | 03:03 PM
justa95vx
Registered Member

justa95vx has disabled reputation

is the coolent toped off if the coolent temp sensor is taken a crap on you or it is real low on coolent it will idle like crap also
Old 02-03-2007 | 09:31 PM
incucrash
Registered Member

incucrash has disabled reputation

I'll have to check it out, thanks for the input, I believe a computer code was related to IAC, so maybe cleaning it out wasn't enough......
Old 02-04-2007 | 04:52 AM
imcnblu
Blue, I'm Seein It

imcnblu imcnblu imcnblu imcnblu imcnblu imcnblu imcnblu imcnblu imcnblu imcnblu imcnblu

does it accellerate and drive otherwise fine? if there is no rpm bouncing going on during casual accelleration, then it COULD be computer related. any ECU mods (chips, piggyback computers etc.) they could be the culprit. might have damaged the circuit board if the chip(s) were soldered in improperly. or the socket soldered improperly.

if its an un-modded ecu, and its the correct one (same OBD category etc. non vtec) then it could be fuel/ignition related. check your plugs/wires/distributor cap and rotor etc. and replace as needed. could also be a vacuum leak somewhere. make sure all vacuum lines are correct and connected. might be a leak at the gasket of the IACV.

if all else fails, head over to www.g2ic.com

they have THE definitive G2 Integra site. full of numerous tech forums that can help you out. if you aren't a member, you'll have to sign up. but you won't be allowed to post for 7 days. so during those 7 days, you'll want to SEARCH SEARCH SEARCH. its been covered many times there, so i'm sure you'll find some good help there.
Old 02-04-2007 | 05:45 AM
SlowLS
Sumospeed #O.G.

SlowLS is an unknown quantity at this point

FITV. first take your intake tube off. on the inside of your throttle body you will see 2 small holes. Put your finger over the bottom hole, if your idle problem fixes by doing that, it is the FITV. Follow this link to see hole to fix it. http://www.emotors.ca/Articles/97.aspx